Chapter 12 - Different Circumstance

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope 2021 is everything you hope and dream. 

I squinted my eyes as the sunlight came through the small opening from the curtains in the hotel room. My head was sore, it felt like someone was next to me constantly hitting a hammer off of it. I went to roll over to avoid the sunlight when am arm tighten around my waist preventing me from doing so.

 I instantly froze. 

My eyes went wide as I slowly turned my head, I didn't think I got that drunk last night that I would be unsure of what was happening but here, clueless. Once my chin was resting on my shoulder I tried to see who was next to me, but I couldn't. Carefully I eased myself up so I resting on my forearm and turning my body ever so slightly so I could see who was next to me. I felt a smile grow on my face as I noticed Jon sleeping soundly next to me. I held the blanket over my chest, taking my bottom lip between my teeth. Believe it or not I was excited. I held a happy squeak within me as I lay back down carefully, pulling the blanket up to my cover my mouth as I tried to suppress the squeal escaping my lips. 

I felt Jon move next to me, instantly making me fall silent as he removed his arm from around me. The memories of last night flooding into my mind. I was talking to Colby about Kevin and the next thing I know, lips were attacking mine in a hot passionate kiss. I was against the club wall, hips grinding against my own as passion took over my sense. The unbelievable feeling of want, of need coursed through my veins. I wanted that man and I got him. 

I turned over to the other side to face Jon. He was now laying awake next to me, a cheeky smirk on his face as our eyes met. His hair sticking up at the back but the hair at the front falling over his forehead, he was perfect. 

"Good morning." He grins, his light blue eyes staring into mine. Nothing but happiness portrayed in them. I felt a blush attack my cheeks  and a huge grin break out on my face as I hide myself in the pillow, causing him to laugh at me. "Don't hide from me." 

"I can't believe this is happening right now." I sigh into the pillow before looking over at him. He looked concerned as if he was thinking I was regretting what happened between us last night. "In a good way. A very, good, amazing way." I clarify, the smile returning to his face as I speak.

"I agree." He nods running a hand down his face, his smile much like mine not disappearing. 

"I can't believe it took us this long." I tell him throwing myself on my back to stare at the ceiling, a feeling of complete bliss washing over me. 

"If I knew you were single I would have made my move a long time ago." He tells me turning on his side, resting his head on his hand while the other started to trace small random designs on my collarbone. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I don't know. Everyone was telling me to and I wanted to but I was scared." 

"Of me?" 

"No, God no." I tell him, looking over at him briefly before turning my gaze to the ceiling and bringing my hands together and playing with my fingers. "Repeating the past, judgement and after Ronan I promised myself that when a relationship ends I'd never revisit it. So I spent months trying to forget about you."

"Ouch." He chuckles. He stops tickling my collarbone and reaches over taking my hand into his before bringing it to his lips and kissing it. "Some relationships shouldn't be revisited but I don't think that fits our situation." 

"I never stopped loving you." I tell him honestly, I forced myself to sit up on the bed. I reached over and grabbed a shirt which just so happened to be his black t-shirt from his so called costume last night and threw it on as it was the only one on the bed. He wore this shirt and his usual jeans and boots with a cop hat and claim he worked for NYPD. Still it was better than Colby's 'Zombie' shirt.