Chapter 17 - TLC

Tonight is TLC. It was at this PPV two years ago that I won my first championship from AJ Lee. It crazy how time flies. Jon has a match tonight against Kevin Owens for the Intercontinental Championship and he wont tell me whether or not he wins. So I beyond nervous and excited for him. Last week at Smackdown, I decided enough was enough and forced him to tell me what happened between him and his mother, in return I promised to sit down with Sara tonight and talk to her. It been four weeks since we spoke to each other so I had to have this conversation now as I felt like I needed answers and she was the only person going to give me them, something Jon was quick to point out. 

*Flashback to Smackdown *

"We need to talk." I tell Jon as he sits next to me in catering with a plate of food.

"And that's my cue to leave." Colby speaks suddenly standing to his feet, his fork in his mouth and plate in his hand as he walked off to sit next to Nick and Mike. Jon watched Colby leave, a confused look on his face before turning to me with an innocent smile. 

"I didn't do it." He states raising his hands in defence, the action alone making me laugh. 

"Jon, I want you to tell me what happened between you and your mom. Please." I plead with him. I rested my hands on his forearm as I gave him my best puppy dog look. He glances at me before looking down at his food, I could tell he was slightly annoyed but this conversation was a long time coming and he knew it. 

"Fine, we fell out over the fact I got back with Renee." He sighs looking down at his plate before back up at me. "She surprised me one night at a show in Cincinnati and I was with Renee, she pulled me aside and asked what the hell I was doing, I told her to mind her own business.  She yelled at me for going behind your back and getting back with Renee, she didn't like Renee very much mind you." 

"But we were broken up?" 

"Exactly, that's what I said but she slapped me up the side of the head and told me that you didn't leave me because you didn't love me. You needed to find yourself and heal and that you'd be back so I should be waiting for you." 

"Well that isn't fair." 

"I basically yelled back at her calling her a crazy bitch and to stay the hell out of my life because you weren't coming back and she had to get over it. We haven't spoken since." 

"Does she know we are back together?" I ask after letting his words sink in. In response he shook his head no. "Don't you think you should tell her, get back on the same page? She is your mom Jon." 

"I'll talk to my mom if you talk to Saraya." 

"That's completely different Jon." 

"No it isn't. Look I told you something that has been bothering me for months and your right I need to make amends with my mom she was doing what she thought was right for me. I see that now, I was just using Renee to fill the void you left and that was wrong of me but whatever what's done is done." 

"Yeah your mom was looking out for you, telling me Ayla was better off without me is not looking out for me." 

"Have you ever been so mad that things just slip out Stacey?" Jon asks raising an eyebrow at me. "Like your blood is boiling because you watched someone you love go through one of the hardest things a person would ever have to go through only for them to throw themselves into the fire one more time in front of you without so much as a second thought?" 

"Well yeah..." 

"That's exactly how Saraya feels Stacey. She watched her sister breakdown in front of her, loose herself and here she is in a relationship and living with her ex again after only 3 months."