Chapter 6 - Am I Wasting My Time?

Its been a two weeks since having the heart to heart with Nikki, nothing much has really changed except Joel had started on NXT. AJ had decided to join Tyson in NJPW, he would say it was because Joel and I left him but he had wanted to go for a while, I believe he stayed in ROH for me but he will never admit it. As for me, I was still seeing Tyson he was an unbelievably sweet guy and I generally felt something for him so part of me wanted to see where we could go with this relationship, the other part was screaming at me that I was leading him on because I still loved Jon but he was still with Renee, despite everything he said to me he was still with her. So he was just fucking with my mind and over time I will learn to love Tyson. 

Tonight however was Night of Champions, my first PPV since returning to WWE. I didn't have a match but I wanted to support Nikki in her title match against Ashley (Charlotte), she wouldn't tell me the result much like I wouldn't tell her years ago, it was a little bit of payback. I was hanging around outside the gorilla hugging my arms as I watched her match which was coming to an end. I felt an arm snake across my shoulders, I glance over my shoulder and saw the one and only Chris Jericho standing there. My eyes went wide as I saw him, holding in a scream as I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"What are you doing here?" I grin bouncing up and down before jumping up and wrapping my legs around his waist. "I missed you." I had met Chris Jericho backstage a few years ago, I was a huge Jericho fan so I was a little starstruck meeting him which he found adorable. We didn't talk much until it became public knowledge that I had lost Ayla.  Chris had reached out to me personally to share his experience on losing a child. He called every other day when I returned to Ireland making sure I was going to my therapy and sticking to my game plan. Ever since then I have consider him a good friend, even though we didn't see or hear from each other everyday didn't mean a thing. I will be forever grateful to Chris for reaching out and sharing his experience with me. He really helped me conquer my demons during my darkest months.

"I'm returning tonight." He grins wrapping his arms around my back. I pull back to look into his eyes for any form of deception but there was none. I glanced down and noticed he was wearing his trunks and jacket, he was telling the truth. He was actually returning. 

"Ahhhhh." I squealed pulling him in for a hug again. "Best news ever but what about Fozzy?" 

"We need a break for a bit but we will be back." He chuckled. "Ready Ambrose?" I heard him asked, I pulled away still in Chris's arms as Jon walks towards the gorilla. I forgot he doesn't enter through the crowd anymore. I slowly jump out of Chris's arms, shoving my hands in my pockets as I looked at the TV to see Nikki tap out. 

"Ohhh." I pout, disappointment filling my stomach. I didn't want Nikki to lose. I loved the overly cocky bitchy part she got to play for being champ. "That sucks." I sigh, shaking my head before looking back at Chris who was messing with the sleeves of his jacket while Jon just gave me a small smile we hadn't spoke since or seen each other in a week, not since that night on RAW when he told be it would always be me. "Good luck out there tonight." 

"Lucks for losers." Chris snorted shaking his head at me, his hand reaching over a shuffling my hair and telling me he likes it before walking away. I patted my hair down rolling my eyes, he really was like my older big brother that loved to torture me. 

"Thanks." Jon nodded unsure of what else to say. I noticed him shifting his weight from foot to foot, his left hand resting on his mouth like he wanted to say something. He looked over at me and opened his mouth only to shut it again due to The Bella's and Alicia walking through the curtain, so he just nodded again walking over to join Chris as the girls came over to me. 

"I'm so sorry boo boo." I sigh holding my arms to hug Nikki, who sighed. "Come on lets get a piece of cake to cheer you up." I grin wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her towards catering with Alicia and Brie. I look over my shoulder, my eyes locking immediately with Jon's, Chris was whispering something in his ear making Jon nod as a smirk appeared on his face. I felt myself bit my lip, trying to hide the smile of my own breaking eye contact with him, if I wasn't smart I was going to be in trouble.