Chapter 2 - The Dating Game

Saraya's party was amazing, I had a really good time and I actually managed to avoid Jon and Renee the rest of the night. I thoroughly enjoyed getting back in touch with the guys from WWE, granted they considered me a traitor for not returning and joining ROH instead, this made me laugh but I still felt right at home despite the teasing. It made me realise how much I missed every last person that worked for the WWE  and I found it crazy how I settled right back in with them, it was as if I hadn't disappeared for a year. Our time at the club had to come to an end but the party certainly didn't. We had an after party back at Saraya's apartment but only a few of us actually went, Jon and Renee were thankfully not among that list. Most of us had work the next evening so it wasn't suppose to be a late night but that didn't happen. We partied close to 5am before finally wrapping everything up. I personally had a flight to catch at 7am to New York for a ROH show and signing so I was running on no sleep due to the never ending party, but it was worth it.

"You stink of betrayal." The voice of AJ broke me from my thoughts, I lifted a hand to mouth covering my mouth as I yawned giving him bored eyes which just made him laugh. When I first came to ROH Maria introduced me to AJ Styles who in turn introduced me to Samoa Joe and over the last few months they have become like brothers to me. Much like WWE, I spoke to everyone on the ROH roster and behind the scenes but I was only close with AJ, Joel (Samoa Joe) and Maria. After being here a week I discovered that this was where Matthew Korklan went after being let go by the WWE, my one night stand himself. Our encounter was awkward to say the least but it wasn't terrible, I have had worse. Matthew and I have not spoke after our night together all those years ago so there was always going to be that elephant in the room until we addressed it but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon and I was okay with that as I didn't need him in my life. 

"You stink in general." I laugh shoving his shoulder lightly causing him to stumble. He had just returned from the ring after defeating Adam Page in singles competition. So he was shirtless and glistening with sweat. I on the other hand was fresh as a daisy after showering earlier tonight after my match against Deonna Purrazzo which I emerged victorious. 

"Ouch and there was me thinking we were friends." He sighed placing a hand over his chest dramatically causing me to roll my eyes as we walked through the narrow hallways of the arena. "How was your friend's party?" He asks changing the subject as we approached the men's locker room. 

"It was really good. I loved seeing everyone again, really felt like home." I sigh remembering how happy I was despite seeing Jon with Renee. I mean my night improved after seeing them as I no longer looked over my shoulder to see if they arrived or not, the element of surprised was no more. I knew where they were so the rest of the night I avoided it like the plague. 

"So you miss the big leagues." AJ sighed running a hand through his semi long brown hair and giving me sad eyes. He was almost as good as Colby with the puppy dog eyes, but Colby had the slight edge. "We are going to lose you to them aren't we?" He pouted as we came to a stop outside the male locker room. Everyone knew my contract here was short lived and it was coming to an end next month so it was only a matter of time before I left but it would be sad to go. 

"Loose who to who?" Joel (Samoa Joe) asks making me jump, I had my back to the locker room door so I didn't see him come out. He came over and gave me a one armed hug before clasping hands with AJ who then leaned back against the wall with a sigh. 

"This one, she is thinking of going back to WWE." AJ pointed towards me. Joel looked between AJ and I wide eyed before sighing and shaking his head almost as if he was disappointed. I knew he loved me and didn't want me to go but he would never hold me back either so he was probably feeling torn right about now. 

"I did not say I was going back to WWE. Besides they haven't been in contact to even offer my contract so I could be staying." I tell them with an eyeroll it was so typical of AJ to blow things way out of proportion. He was the drama king of our little group, he was so good at it he even put Maria to shame.