Chapter 14 - Fuck You

Its been a few weeks since Jon and I went walked through my hometown and met my entire family. It amazed me how well he settled with everyone. I honestly expected him to freak out and leave because they were loud and obnoxious, but he didn't. Jon spent the night talking with everyone and really getting close to my dad and brother, something I would be forever grateful to him for. 

After the WWE European Tour we travelled back to America and like we agreed, I moved my things back into the Vegas home Jon and I brought together, the guys and Sara were busy with WWE events so John Cena, Nikki and Bryan actually helped me move. Nikki was off work due to a neck injury which not to sound selfish upset me, I spent the majority of my career wrestling her and it broke my heart she may not be able to return to the sport we both loved. John had a few weeks off to help Nikki after her surgery so the pair being the sweethearts they are offered to help and Bryan offered to help as he had been off for a while due to his own neck injury and was bored. It was scary how two of my good friends have suffered serious neck injuries and basically had their in ring careers cancelled. Finished. Done. It just remind me how dangerous our sport really was and how easy it was to end our careers. 

As for my place in Jacksonville, Saraya decided she was going to keep it and continue living there so I didn't have to worry about that anymore. She was actually glad to see me go as she loved having her own space. I felt a little hurt to be honest, I loved having her back with me, spending our nights watching mindless TV or messing with our neighbours but nah she wanted me gone.

As for Jon and I, well we are great, I think. There has been something bothering me though, but I have been afraid to bring it up because I don't want to ruin anything and start a fight so I feel stuck. Jon has yet to open up to me as to what happened between him and his mom. Was she upset we got back together? But then the timeline wouldn't add up as Jon said they fell out at the start of the year and we are in November so that couldn't be right. Unless he lied and they only fell out a few weeks ago? 

"You look like you're about to explode." Joel's voice broke my thoughts, I turned on my heel wrapping my arms around his neck. I hadn't seen him for a few months and I missed him. I knew it was only a matter of time though before creative brought him up to the main roster as he was absolutely killing it in NXT. "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" 

"Everything." I chuckle, taking my phone out of my pocket and checking as it vibrated in my pocket. It was AJ checking in. I told myself I would reply later shoving the phone in my back pocket.

"Care to elaborate? Or are we playing the teeth pulling game you love so much?" He sassed with a eyeroll. I pouted my lips at him, trying to hide my smile but I couldn't as I looked into his eyes, a playful glint present. 

"Ass." I laugh slapping his upper arm before inhaling deeply. "Just everything, like I never really considered our job dangerous but now Nikki is out with a broken neck as is Bryan and they may never return to the ring. Come to think of it, look how many superstars have gone out that way. What if that happens to me or Jon? It would destroy him..." 

"Okay, okay, chill." Joel gasped wide eyed as I rambled on and on voicing just some of the thoughts circling around my head. "I know what you saying, we never really consider the danger until we experience it or someone close to us experiences it but that risk has been there since day one remember that. We can only go out there, do what we do best and hopefully come back in one piece." 

"I know but damn, its scary. I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't wrestle." I tell him without thinking but what I said now entered my brain and I panicked. What would I do if I couldn't wrestle? I have no skills, no other job experience. I would be screwed.