Chapter 3 - Awkward Encounters

"I look forward to hearing from you." Stephanie smiled wrapping her arms around my shoulders for a hug which I gladly returned before we pulled apart and separating. "Also the hair is stunning." She grinned, running her hand through it which I thanked her for in response as we parted ways. I had just finished my meeting with her and Hunter and like AJ and Joel predicted they was offering me a contract to return to WWE with a promise of another title run. It was no secret that the woman's division had finally taken a turn and was improving. People actually wanted to watch our matches again. The offer was incredibly tempting but so was the new offer from ROH, who had offered me a 2 year contract with them two days ago. I also heard from other promotions but the offers weren't as tempting as ROH and WWE. I felt amazing, I was getting all these offers from the different wrestling companies each wanting me to join their business who wouldn't feel great with that? 

"So are you coming back?" Nikki asked peeling off a segment of orange. After saying my goodbyes with Stephanie I had found Nikki sitting on the equipment boxes around the corner from her office waiting for me. I glanced over at her, filling my mouth with air so that my cheeks puffed out before exhaling loudly. 

"I don't know, it's a tempting offer but so is ROH." 

"You can't be serious?" Nikki pouted breaking off another segment and giving it to me which I gladly popped in my mouth with a small smile. "We all miss you here. You have to come back." 

"And I miss all you too but it'll be weird." 

"Because of Jon and Renee?" She whispers. I bite the side of my lip nervously as I thought carefully about the next words to come out of my mouth. "I mean I barely see them now so it shouldn't be an issue and if you do see them you simply ignore them. They are assholes anyway." 

"Knowing my luck I'll walk into them every five minutes." I snort shaking my head. "But no it's not just Jon and Renee, the change was good for me and I'm worried if I come back, I'd fuck up some how again." I tell her honestly, it played constantly in my head since I started considering coming to WWE. Was this something I was really ready for? 

"I get that but I don't think that'll happen. You are in a much better place right now than you were before and I do believe this is the place for you, back with your family. After all this is what you worked that pretty little ass off for." Nikki smiled wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me into her as we walked through the arena. I had to admit it was nice being back in WWE hallways. It just felt different compared to ROH, it was probably something to do with the fact there was a lot more people hired for WWE but a bigger part of me was telling me it was because I had some of the best moments of my life with WWE. 

"Stacey, hi uh how are you?" A voice snapped me from my thoughts and standing in front of me was Renee Paquette herself. I glanced over at Nikki who was glaring at her, I could tell she was holding back whatever it was she so wanted to say as she looked like a pitbull just waiting for their owner to say the word 'attack' "Are you back?" 

"Hi Renee, it's nice to see you again." I nod taking my bottom lip in between my teeth as I look directly into her eyes. "I don't know yet, I might be. I do have a lot to think about though, so who knows what the future might bring." 

"I'm sure everyone will love to have you back." Renee smiled softly, she would only ever look into my eyes for a brief second before looking over at the wall or to the floor. She was avoiding Nikki's glare all together. But to be fair to Renee, I would avoid Nikki's gaze as well as I felt like if the wrong thing was said, she would break Renee's neck without even thinking about it. 

"Why do you care?" Nikki finally spoke up nothing but venom in her voice, the glare never leaving her eyes. I glanced over at Nikki and noticed her nostrils were beginning to flare, she was really pissed off. The last time I saw Nikki like this was when she wanted to kill Eva Marie for calling her irrelevant and insisting John Cena would tag with her in the future leaving Nikki in the dust. Two things everyone should know about Nikki, you do not insult her career and you most certainly do not come after her man or her friends as I am beginning to learn from this experience.