Best Friend

You opened your heavy eyes. Your vision was a little blurry, it took a few seconds for your vision to clear but you still couldn't see anything. It was dark, suddenly you heard a quiet voice.

"You awake luv?" Draco said in a whisper. "You could feel his arms still wrapped around you, he had stayed with you. "Yes, yes I am...what time is it?" you asked. You and Draco didn't move from the position you fall asleep in, you didn't know if he fell asleep as well or if he stayed up watching you.

"It's 3.33 am." he answered and looked at you, you could feel his breathing near your neck, but you couldn't see him well as it was dark in the middle of the night.

 "Did you fall asleep Draco?" you suddenly asked, "No I didn't actually..." he answered and you immediately shot with another question "Why did you stay then? you need sleep too." he smiled and said, "I stayed because I didn't want you to be alone, I know I've been a jerk before, but I really wanted us to be friends when I said it, and we are really good friends now, best friends, I want you to know anything that is bothering you, you can tell me, I will listen and I won't leave your side, I'll help you get through it."

The last words came out of his mouth with worry, he then raised an eyebrow if you wanted to tell him, but you stayed quiet. Draco had a girlfriend he had other problems and who knows how long it would take for Aria to find out about your situation and then of course the whole Hogwarts would know about it, so you rather kept your mouth shut and only gave Draco a warm look.

"You should probably go to your dorm now Draco, Aria is probably waiting and if she finds out she'll be mad, not that I care tho." you said and chuckled a little. You heard him stood up and walk somewhere, then the light turned on, it was hi, he walked to the wall and turned on the light, then he walked back over to you.

"Listen to me y/n, right now we are talking about you, I saw the pills and I hope you aren't trying to do anything," he said with a warning look and then continued "I want you to know I care about you deeply, you are my best friend and someone I would never leave to deal with things as such alone. I'm here for you as are many other people, you've told me about your parents and everything but if there is something new tell me. And please do not take the pills, I won't take them away from you as you probably still need them but don't do this to yourself, to your dad, mom, to your friends...to me."

You sighed and looked at him, he was staring at you, directly in your eyes. Your y/e/c orbs meeting his gray ones, they reminded you of a storm. "I will stay here with you if you want me to, and I'll tell Aria to give us some time alone today as well, so we can hang out like we used to..." he said and hugged you tightly.

You were breathing in his neck, "That would be nice." you said and smiled. "We can talk a little about stuff, we haven't talked for some time now." he said and moved back so he could look at you. "Yeah, we didn't, I guess we could tho." you said. "Ok, we will then, but now go back to sleep, I'll be here with you all the time okay?" he said and looked in your beautiful y/e/c again. "Okay, goodnight Draco and thank you for helping me with this." you said, Draco waved his wand and the light turned off, then he said, "Always y/n you mean a lot to me, you  are my best friend."

It was dark so it wasn't hard to fall asleep, with Draco's preasance near you, knowing all he said, it was a lot better. You knew you and Draco were only best friends but that was enough for you right now. It was something you really needed a good friend, who would be with you when you needed them.

You fell asleep quickly, with much less worry on your mind.

It was 8 am now, Draco had left a few moments before, to his dorm. He woke you up and then left so he could get changed and talk with Aria and all.

You got changed into your Slytherin uniform and brushed your teeth and hair. You sat down for a few minutes thinking about your situation and then walked out of your room to the Greathall for breakfast.

You ate a sandwich and drank some pumpkin juice, you and Draco talked a little. Later in the day, you sat next to Draco in all classes you had together, and talked when you could, you had fun, and you've told each other about recent things that had happened while you two didn't talk that much.

After the classes you went to the library and sat behind one of the tables, you quietly talked about The Christmas Ball, he told you he asked Aria, and that they were going together and then you had realized you were supposed to go in pairs, a boy and a girl as it was a tradition you had to get yourself a date. Some guys have already asked you, but you said no as you weren't in the mood.

After the long conversation was over you both walked out of the library. Draco was called my Aria and he left as it was in Aria's words 'urgent'. You didn't mind you already had a pretty good day, so you wouldn't mind being alone for the ned of it, you had to work out a little anyways.

As you were walking to the Slytherin Commonroom a voice called for you, "Hey, y/n!" it was a deep male voice, you turned around and saw a dark-skinned, boy from Slytherin you knew, Blaise, Blaise Zabini.

"Do you have a date to The Christmas Ball yet y/n?" he asked, you smiled and answered "No, I don't actually." he smirked and then came a little closer and went down on one knee, he looked ridiculous, he was trying to make you laugh as he saw you weren't in a great mood.

"Well, would you miss y/l/n, accept this interesting way of me asking you and go to The  Ball with me?" he said and laughed a little, you laughed even more than he did and said "Yes, hahaha I'd love to, hahahaha" you laughed so hard at his position but he looked confused, it wasn't that funny. Only then he realized why you were laughing so hard, he had bird poo on his jacket shoulder, he must've been outside before he came and it happened.

"Uhhh..." he was looking for words but then just started laughing, he stood up and said, "well y/n I'll be waiting for you at the entrance to The Ball on Friday at eight, now I'm just gonna go clean up, haha."

He left and you did as well, for the evening you punched the boxing back and worked out some more and then took a shower and got ready for bed.  You were tired and fell asleep quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you go, hope you like it, I'll be posting tomorrow for sure, please comment and tell me your thoughts about the story so far, I literally live for your comments, it makes me so happy.

Also to anyone who is trying to shift bc I believe there are some of you, you will shift, I believe in you! I had only shifted to my waiting room, but I'm gonna shift tonight, and so will you. I don't know if you saw it in the chapter, but it is a sign for you, you will do it soon, promise.

Love you!    -N