Chapter Thirty-Three

Jayla pulled the one black gown out of its garment bag and you smiled excitedly. The dress wasn't quite as black as you had first thought, in fact it wasn't black at all. The dress was smokey gray comprised of a vintage looking, gray, lace corset top and a layered, gray, tulle skirt with black lace edging the layers. Gray roses were scattered throughout the tulle.

   The color, though beautiful, did not compliment your skin tone. The gray made you look almost sickly against it, and for the first time you decided not to show the girls. "Can I wander the floor?" Jayla smiled, "of course," and with that she left. You pulled on your shorts and loose black tee before walking out to the floor barefoot.

   "So I'm gonna have to definitely say no to that one," Devin's voice came from the couch earning a chuckle from Emily and Tara, you rolled your eyes and made your way to them. "I just wanted to be able to pick out some items myself," the girls all nodded and stood to join you. You knew they meant well but it was rather exposing and there presence was giving you trouble choosing.

   Immediately, you walked to a rack of colored dresses, hoping to find something more gothic looking. You walked the whole rack before finally stumbling upon a black dress that you liked. Through the garment bag it looked like nothing but black mesh, you hoped the dress would be pretty.

   Once back in the dressing room Jayla helped you get into the dress. It was jet black with a wired corset top that was lined with nude fabric underneath and connected to a regal black choker. The skirt had ruffled black lace on the hips and a black spandex material coming down to form what could be best described as a unitard. From the hips and back of the dress fell long black lace, it had a leg slit on each leg, hence the unitard, and was somehow both sexy and elegant. You felt drop dead gorgeous in it, but you still didn't think you looked quite like a bride.

   As you twirled on the pedestal for the group they all cooed, Emily's mouth was slightly ajar and you smiled shyly. Jj was pouting slightly but still complimenting you. "You look absolutely stunning, but you don't look entirely happy. What are you thinking?" Tara was in profile mode still and though she had hit the nail on the head it didn't help with the exposed feeling. "Uhm well I feel really sexy but I just don't have that 'this is the dress' feeling. Ya know?"

   They all mumbled agreements and you walked back to change again. You were now extremely grateful for the boring outfit you had decided on, like Devin had said, it was very easy to change in and out of, which was coming in handy. You walked back out to the floor and wandered idly around the store. You had walked for almost two minutes when a certain bag caught your eye. It was black and red and seemed to have a wire undershirt in it, you grabbed it off the rack and handed it to Emily as you continued to search.

   Suddenly, Devin and Garcia came rushing up to you with a garment bag in their hands. At first you were excited, because if anybody was gonna find a dress to match your vision it was them. Then, your spirits fell when you saw all the white in the bag. The whole group looked at them questioningly and Jj was biting back a smile Devin flashed her a warning glare before turning her attention back to you, "okay just trust us, it was the only colored one on displayed amd we think you're gonna love it." Reluctantly, you grabbed the garment bag and headed back to the dressing room.

   You decided to try on Devin and Garcia's pick first and get it over with. When Jayla pulled it out of the garment bag you noticed some black spruced within the dress, yet you still remained unconvinced as you stepped into it. Jayla laced it up and you finally looked at the dress. It was wonderful, the dress had an almost vintage looking, lace bodice with straps that hung off your shoulders. In the center of the top of the bodice was a black lace flower. The sleeves were tight satin around your biceps and flowed out with black rimmed, sheer, white lace down to your wrists. The bicep part of the sleeve had two, one inch black, lace bands around them. The skirt flowed out slightly and was made of the same sheer lace as the sleeves. The lace was layered unevenly with black satin around the edges of each layer. Where the layers reached a peak were more black, lace flowers. You turned around to look at the back of the dress and found the the same black lace was lining the sides of the corset that was tied with black satin string. The satin string was tied into a pretty bow and fell all the way to the bottom of the dress. You were in love with the dress, it was simple yet sophisticated and somehow, still dark.