Chapter Thirty

"Spencer I'm nervous," you were getting dressed in his bedroom before work while he sat on the bed, admiring you and sipping his coffee. You were in a simple white blouse with gray, plaid suit pants and a matching gray, plaid blazer with black heeled boots. "Are you embarrassed to be engaged to me? You can always call it off, I won't be upset," you spun around in shock to find him nervously staring at his coffee cup. "Spencer NO! Baby I couldn't be happier to be future Mrs. Reid," he smiled up at you, "I'm just worried that. . .the team won't like it and will convince you to take it back."

In a movement so quick you had almost missed it Spencer was now towering over you, cupping your face with his big hands. "No force on this earth could take me away from you. If anything the team is gonna try to convince you to leave me, but mostly I think they'll be incredibly happy for us. And I know the girls will be itching for a play by play of my proposal."

   Your mind immediately shot to the loving sex you had had with Spencer after he proposed, eyes shooting wide, "no love the date!" He groaned in mock frustration before kissing you lightly and heading towards the door.

Spencer held the door to the bullpen area and you walked through to find it empty. You shared a loaded glanced with him before walking to the round table room. Just before entering a sly smile slipped across Spencer's face, "stay here for a sec." You looked at him quizzically as he crept through the door, working to keep you out of sight.

"Uhm guys," you heard him clear his throat, "there's someone I'd like you to meet." There were sounds confusion from the other side of the door and you rolled your eyes at his theatrics, "uhm this is the future. . . Mrs. Reid." You took your cue and walked into the room to stunned silence.

Everyone's mind caught up in a snap and suddenly the room exploded into sound. The whole team crowded around you two and Spencer slid a protective arm around your waist. "Aw come on you stole my girl," teased Morgan, in response Reid's grip on your waist and his smile, tightened. Emily threw a hard punch Derek's way and laughed, "yeah right hunk that's my girl." Rather than continuing his jealousy Spencer relaxed and you couldn't quite figure out why but this bugged you.

"Okay all of you move! Show me the ring now!" Penelope shoved her way through the crowd and you held up your left hand. The entire arm felt lighter than normal, like the ring was radiating love. The girls all crowded around your hand and spent a solid five minutes cooing over the ring. After they had split off on a tangent of their own Rossi made his way to the forefront of the crowd. "Congratulations kid," he eyed both of you, "my warning still stands." With that he winked and walked away.

Alvez and Matt were next in line, Matt clapped Spencer on the back and Alvez wrapped you in a soul crushing hug. "I'm glad you guys finally admitted your crush. I've been trying to get you to do that for yearssss." Spencer laughed and you swatted at him, cheeks quickly growing warm.

   Lastly, Hotch approached and shook both of your hands, staring deeply into your eyes as he did. "Congratulations," and then he did something so rare that you almost thought you had imagined it. He smiled.

"Alright let's start this case shall we?" Hotch called the team back to order and Penelope prepared her presentation. We were heading to Deadwood, South Dakota to assist local authorities. So far two women had been found in abandoned buildings, dead from blood loss. Each victim was found with large gashes taking up most of their torsos and signs of rape.

On the jet you sat next to Hotch and Spencer leaned against the edge of the seats across from you. Emily was across from you and began speaking, "well he obviously has a hatred of women maybe his mother," Jj interjected, "a woman could have rejected his advances, maybe that set him off." The team was pondering for a few minutes before Hotch spoke. "For now all we can say for sure is that he has a hatred of women and needs to be stopped."