Chapter Thirteen

For the first time in months, you slept peacefully with no dreams. Waking up against Spencer was the cherry on top. You slid a hand under his cardigan just to feel the thrum of his heart as he slept. He twitched slightly at your cold fingers but stayed asleep.

Every fiber of your being ached to forgive him, but he didn't deserve an easy way out. You would make him prove himself to you. You hoped he would.

He groaned against the sunlight streaming onto the bed and wrapped his arms tightly around you, sighing contentedly against your hair. "Good morning, princess," he said groggily. The new nickname made your heart flutter in your chest. "Good morning," you spoke softly into his chest. "How did you sleep?" He asked sweetly. It took a lot of effort to concentrate on his question. Spencer's morning voice was something to behold. It turned your insides to liquid. It didn't even matter what he was talking about.

Sitting up in bed, you took a deep breath and stared at the blanket in your lap. "Spencer, we have to talk," you practically whispered. This was terrifying you. "I'm all ears," he said wholeheartedly. He went to take your hand in his and looked like he could cry when you flinched at his sudden movement. "I'm sorry. Sorry, it's a habit," you apologized frantically, stopping when he cupped his hand to your face, stroking your cheek with his thumb.

"I'm willing to try and believe you," he looked like a burden had just been pulled off of him, "but I need you to prove to me that you don't want anyone else. Okay?" You asked, and he nodded quickly, scooting closer to you. "Y/n I would walk to the ends of the earth to prove it to you." His statement brought butterflies to life in your stomach, and you leaned in slowly for a quick kiss. You could feel all the repressed emotions from the past months hidden behind a thin veil of self-control. As you pulled away, he tugged softly at your bottom lip with his teeth.

You both spent the day laying around your apartment. You had put all the clothes from both of your go bags into the washer, leaving him in his cardigan and briefs. "Hey, go in the closet, and to the left, there should be a bunch of my old oversized tees. I'll see if I can find any of my brothers old sweats lying around." You ordered, quickly walking to the bathroom where you kept all of your brothers old clothes. Sure enough, there was a pair of Ethan's old sweats in the mix. Walking back to your bedroom, you noticed Spencer was kneeling by the chest in the bottom of your closet. And it was open. Oh no.

He had found your box of toys. He heard the floorboards creak and turned to face you. Your face was a mask of terror as he smirked at you. "Uhm Y/n is there something you wanna tell me?" He asked cruelly, holding up a pair of silver play cuffs in one hand and bundles of nylon and satin ribbons in the other. "Uh- I- here's your sweat pants," you stammered, unable to comprehend the mortification congealing your insides.

He pulled off his cardigan and quickly unbuttoned his undershirt. That was when you noticed the erection straining against the fabric of his underwear. "Do you trust me," he asked, stepping towards you, cuffs still in hand. "Uhmmmm." You hummed, eyes flitting between Spencer and your cuffs. "Yes?"

Tossing the handcuffs to the bed, Spencer sat on the edge, beckoning you closer. You straddled his lap, and he yanked your hips towards him. His hands started exploring your body, running lightly over you. Pressing his lips to yours, his hands continued their path over you; cupping your breasts through your shirt, squeezing your ass when you grinded slowly into his lap, running over your hips.

His kiss was desperate, his full lips against yours fully ignited the passion you both had missed so much in the months apart. He was a man parched, and you were a clean spring. He drank you in while teasing your tongue with his own. In no time at all, you were breathless, and he pulled away with a soft smile.