Chapter Eight

You'd love to have layed around all day, but you had some grocery shopping to do.

"I'm coming," Spencer said with crossed arms. "Spence you really don't need to, I'm just getting groceries. Nothing special," you argued. "Y/n if you want me to leave you alone I will," he paused and pulled you flush against him "but if you don't I'm coming," Spencer finished his sentence with a slow kiss. "Fiiiiinne" you mumbled against his mouth, causing him to pull away and laugh.

In all honesty, you had never imagined Spencer pushing a cart around walmart. Yet here he was, pushing your cart, seemingly content with life as you walked around and checked items off of the list. You two were almost twinning; him in jeans and a lavender tee-shirt, you in distressed jean shorts and a darker purple tank top. Every now and then Spencer would tug on a strand from your ponytail with an appreciative comment on your appearance.

Spencer helped you put away the groceries when you returned. He stood by your side as you washed the dishes. "You know I would do anything for you, but subject my ears to the horrendous sounds your generation call music is asking way too much of me," Spencer said causing you to laugh. "Spence you're acting like I'm torturing you," you laughed at his nod, "babe I'm just tryna put on some music while I do dishes. I'll even take it back a little for you. How's Fleetwood Mac?" You asked, toying with his annoyance. Spencer grimaced but nodded and you played the music.

After you had finished cleaning the apartment you wanted nothing more than to take a hot bath and relax. "Hey Spence!" You called through the apartment. "Yes love?" He responded from the living room. "I'm going to take a bath, if you wanna leave that's fine, or if you don't just make yourself at home," you grabbed a towel from the linen cabinet in the laundry area.

Just as you got comfortable in the warm, bubbly water you heard a quiet knock. "Spence?" You called as the door slowly slid open. "Is it okay if I sit in here and read?" He asked shyly. "Of course," you responded, smiling at his awkwardness.

You suddenly felt very exposed, despite him already having seen you naked multiple times. In response to your insecurities rearing their ugly heads you slipped as low into the bath as it allowed, covering yourself with bubbles.

When you looked back at him you caught him watching you with an eyebrow raised. "Y/n you're beautiful, your body and mind are the most gorgeous things I have ever been given the courtesy of experiencing. So please. Please don't feel the need to hide it from me." You smiled slightly at him "logically I should have no reason to be insecure. Especially considering you've already seen me naked and didn't run away in horror," you raised a hand silencing his protests, "but I still can't believe that you haven't yet, for one, and for two you deserve nothing less than perfection," you finished staring at your hands. He contemplated your words for a second and then set his book aside to lean over the edge of the tub, face inches from yours. "I would never run from you. Ever. You already are perfect for me. In every category, so hush," Spencer said softly, pressing a sweet kiss to your lips

Listening to soft music while relaxing in a bubble bath with Spencer sitting next to you had you feeling very content with life. After your bath it was late afternoon and Spencer had asked that he take you on your first official date with him.