Chapter 21

"W-where are we..?" you say groggily. You look up slowly and you see Waldo chained to the wall, his cane is nowhere to be seen. Something seems to bubble  "W-waldo!" You shout in desperation. 

"Aref is going to be waking up any time soon." A grizzled voice says in the darkness. you turn yourself only to realize that you were also being kept in place on a wall. You still were a bit groggy and were having a hard time remembering what happened, and you struggle to make out your surroundings.

"Who are you? Who's Aref?" you say slowly, making sure to articulate your words. 

"That one, over there" you assume he is gesturing towards Waldo. 

"That's Waldo, better check your facts" you say with a smirk. At least you had enough of your wits to make a somewhat playful jab at the grizzled voice in the back. 

"Waldo, Wally, Aref.. he's got a lot of names. Here in Egypt he's called Aref though." the voice chuckles a bit. "When you travel a lot you get a lot of names." you pause for a moment 

"Wouldn't he be the one choosing what his name is though? Like he would have to introduce himself right? So you're telling me that Waldo just travels around the world telling people that his name is something different every time?" you squirm around a bit to try to get more comfortable, although considering you're literally chained up in a dungeon that does seem very feasible. 

"Listen, this is Waldo  we are talking about. Logic doesn't apply here." you hear a cough and then the rattle of chains. Whoever this is, he doesn't want to be here either. 

"So.. who are you exactly?" you say. 

"Me? That's besides the point I'm fairly certain." the voice coughs a bit again.

"Do you need help?" you peer off into the darkness to see if you can catch a glimpse of whoever is behind the voice.

"An old man like me can figure his way out of this, wouldn't be the first time this type of thing has happened, for now you may want to get your rest, things are going to be difficult once Wilma decides what she wants to do with you." You feel your heart lurch up in your chest. 

What she wants to do with you? Am I going to be executed?