Chapter 29

Waldo pokes around the pyramid. "Do you think Wilma hid the cane?" Waldo asks, although you suspect it wasn't to you specifically. Waldo adjusts his cap a little as he turns around to look at you. "I think we may have to look elsewhere. I'm starting to regret this Egypt adventure. We really should've just gone skiing or something." While Waldo wasn't particularly happy, he didn't seem exactly angry either. 

"Waldo, where are we going after this?" You ask. Waldo glances at your camera for a second and then back up at you. 

"Well let's just find my cane, take your photo and then figure it out." He smiled, although it felt hallow.

"Waldo.. are you ok?" You reach out to touch him, and he brushes your hand away.

"Yes I'm fine. Just frustrated. I hate looking for things." he smiled again "but I'm not going to let my frustration overtake me." 

"I heard him inside the queens chamber!" A various ensemble of male voices from outside of the pyramid. 

"Excuse me gentlemen, have you seen my cane?" Waldo asks this calmly as he approaches the door, as guards spill into the room they all gasp in horror at their lost queen. 

"How could this happen!" They shout as they drop to their knees. Waldo ignores their despair and asks again.

"I'm looking to leave this place, I'm getting pretty tired of it. Have you gentlemen seen my cane?" While in their hysterics one of them pointed to Wilma's throne, Waldo jaunts his way over to the throne and after a moment of looking, he discovers an opening behind the throne.

"There it is!" He exclaims and he yanks the cane out of the hole. "Come with me <y/n> let's take that photo and go home." he grips your hand, and he grips your hand very tight, for a moment you thought he was going to crush all the bones in your hand. 

Before you knew it you were on a tall building.. or something like that as Waldo vanishes again. You decide that he's just opted to hide somewhere and have you take a picture, and with a single snap of the camera Waldo appears behind you.

"Good. Now we can go home." he says.

"Waldo are you.. ok? Your doing things a lot faster than you would normally." You say, as you reach to touch him he slaps your hand away. 

"<Y/N> I'd like to go home. Does that work for you?" he says, giving what was now an obviously forced smile. 

"Waldo please.. talk to me I-" before you could finish, Waldo grabs your hand and you begin to move through time again.