Chapter 24

"Are you sure you know where we are going?" you asked Waldo. You realized that the hall you were walking down was actually fairly dark. At this point you were just blind and following Waldo.

"Don't worry <Y/N> I can actually see pretty well in the dark. I like spending time in caves." Waldo says. You feel as if this comment had an alternate purpose, but you can't put your finger on it.

"Ok, I guess? What's your goal then, Waldo? We're just getting your cane and going home right?" You say, slightly tripping over a sand block of some kind. Waldo slows down a little bit, eventually coming to a complete stop. Suddenly his voice has a grim tone to it.

"I am going to show Wilma what happens when she crosses me.." Waldo grips your hand tightly, almost causing you to yank it away from him. How much longer until Waldo snaps at you and takes action against you?

"You're not going to kill her.. right?" You realize you didn't sound very confident when you asked, but you decide to keep your stance on the matter.

"Kill her? I suppose now that you mention it.." Waldo begins to pick up the pace again. "It's not a terrible idea now that you've said it out loud.." What was with him all of a sudden? Was this dark shift due to being upset with being kidnapped?

Maybe it's because Wilma hurt you?

"Waldo!" You shout. "Why can't you stop and realize that violence isn't the way to go about this?" Waldo stays silent and keeps walking, you tug his arm to get his attention, his grip suddenly getting much tighter, crushing even. "Waldo, please just listen to me! You can't resort to violence, weren't we just getting your cane and going home?"

"I changed my mind."

"Then leave me out of it!" Waldo suddenly stops.

"I'm sorry, <Y/N>-"  Waldos tone is much softer, and you take a step towards him.

"Let's talk through this.."