Chapter 28

Waldo cracks his knuckles and begins to investigate Wilma's corpse. He stares at it for a moment before taking a couple steps back

"Well she's dead for sure." Waldo says, as if in disbelief. "Wasn't she surrounded by guards that were willing to execute anybody right there on the spot?"  Waldo continues. You walk your way up to Wilma's corpse.

It wasn't a pretty sight to look at. She appeared to have almost.. exploded in her throne. Various bits and pieces of her were strewn across the throne. Who would've done this.. and why? Waldo rolls up his sleeves and plunges his fist into the goop.

"Waldo! What on Earth are you doing?" You screech and begin to yank him away. 

"What? Oh! I saw something glistening in there, thought I should grab it" He chuckles a bit and wiggles a photo (covered in Wilma). "This should be our clue." he smirks a bit. He always seemed so cute when he smiled. He proudly presents the photo to you, looks down at it and uses his sleeve to wipe it off. "Sorry I didn't realize that it was still dirty." You begrudgingly take the photo and look down at it. The photo was of a little girl and her father. 

Isn't that the guy in the dungeon?

"Waldo, that guy in the photo, I think I've seen him before! He was in the dungeon!" You quickly point to where the dungeon was, and Waldo snatches the photo again.

"Wait, <y/n> you've seen that guy?" Waldo grabs your shoulders firmly. "<y/n, that's Wizard Whitebeard, and if I'm not mistaken.." Waldo frowns, lets go of your shoulders and looks down at the photo again. "I think that's... well it looks like Wilma? This photo is very blurry." Waldo squints.

that wasn't Wilma. 

"Waldo why don't we just.." You gently pluck the photo from his hands and place it in your pocket. "Let's just... forget the photo for right now. We can solve this later, we gotta find your walking stick and go home." you could feel something pounding in your throat, like it was trying to bust it's way out. 

"I'm Waldo's girlfriend!" 

Her words echoed in your head again. Was that who it was in the photo..? 

"<y/n>? You good..?" Waldo seemed genuinely concerned. You shake your head and give him a smile. 

"Yep! Everything is fine. Let's find the walking stick and go home.. ok?"

"Sure.. but first" Waldo takes off his beanie to reveal his messy hair, and he walks back over to Wilma's corpse.  "I'm sorry this had to happen Wilma. I don't know who did this to you, but I won't let them get away with it."