Chapter 31

This voice was very familiar, it chilled you deep down to your core. Something about this felt familiar. The footsteps got closer.. something about it was so menacing.

"You really will have to pay fines if they catch you breaking holes like that."  the voice wasn't right. It felt dangerous somehow? You didn't feel particularly safe about this, you wanted everything to stop. "You already know who I am, right?" there was a feminine giggle as a small hand is placed on your shoulder. 

"I'm guessing the other Wenda talked to you, didn't she? She always was the kind to want to fix things." she giggles again as you feel a fingernail jab her way into the side of your neck. "The children's book thing isn't going to work." she says, her tongue laced with poison. "Waldo is not something you can have either, you're wasting your time here." The other Wenda walks her way in front of you, and you let out an audible gasp. The front of her striped shirt has a large blood stain on it, her nails were freakishly long and her hair was wildly unkempt. She looked as if she had been living in an alleyway for several years, and her eyes had heavy bags under them. This wasn't Wenda, this was some sort of accident. 

"I-" her eyes widen a bit and she slaps a hand over your mouth. 

"Don't speak. Waldo doesn't want you. Waldo wants you to let him hide, what do you think those nightmares are? That happens to the people he wants away from him" you shake your head. You knew that wasn't what those nightmares were about either. 

"That's a lie, that's not what those are about." you sounded like a child when you said this, frankly it was a bit embarrassing. 

"I've had them too y'know." she says. "but the second he found out about them he ran away from me and I've just been chasing him since then and.." she makes this unsettling gurgling sound before she continues "but then Wilma got in my way, and that dirty old wizard in the dungeon?" she slowly grabs her shirt and shows it to you "So I just dealt with them. They were in my way so I dealt with them. Like how somebody would deal with any of their problems." 

Wenda seemed.. unwell.

"Wenda do you.. do you love Waldo?" you say, unsure if this was something safe to ask. Wenda runs to you and grabs the neckline of your shirt before making that growling sound again.

"More than you could ever understand, <Y/N>"