Chapter 11

You and Waldo sit together there for a moment in silence, your chest tight and forceful, almost sucking all the air out of your lungs.

"Who did you used to be?"  You do your best to try to build up the courage to ask him about it, but Waldo seems to be lost in thought. He actually didn't seem to be doing very well at all. You consider reaching out to him, but your body is frozen. You feel something at the pit of your stomach knowing about Waldo's violent past, but at the same time are intrigued by it, if only you could just reach out to him...

"Look <Y/N> I don't want to hide anything from you anymore.." he says softly, his beanie waving in the beachy wind. "I've done some awful things, and back then there wasn't anybody to stop me, nobody to keep me in check, nobody to watch me." He takes a deep breath in and exhales slowly. "Again.. that's not me anymore. I have done a lot to change myself since then but.." he stops and looks at you. "Do you see me any differently?" 

You feel your whole body freeze up in that instant, and you're not sure what to say. Should you tell him about the way you feel? Should you tell him that whenever you close your eyes you look for him in the dark? Should you tell him that all you wanted was to hold his hand? Before you realize what's happening, you rest your head on his shoulder and look up at him.

"I never thought you were going to be somebody normal when I met you, so this doesn't change the way I see you. Just keep being you?" with that, the two of you sit there for a moment, watching the chaos of the pirate war unfold in front of you.