Chapter 32

You push Wenda away from you, she was clearly unstable. She seemed more like a feral wild animal, completely controlled by her lust for Waldo. 

"Wenda" you speak slowly, as if to a child. "You.. you aren't stable. Please you need to talk to somebody who can help you" You put your hands out gently, as if you were getting ready to comfort her. She twitches a little and grabs your hand. 

"<Y/N> you shouldn't talk to me like that, you're the one who just punched a hole in the wall. You're the one who needs help." She crushes your hand a bit, enough to where you let out a yelp before you scratch away at her hand in order to slightly loosen the grip. 

"You're.. hurting me" you strain out before she eventually lets go. She had a disappointed look on her face. 

"I didn't mean to, honest. I'm just a little all over the place" she giggles and shrugs. 

"You're about as good at being honest with your feelings as Waldo is" you say, giving her a nasty look while nursing your hand, you knew that it was probably going to bruise. How did she know your name even?

"I am very open about the way that I feel. For example right now I feel ok" she says, clearly not ok as she frantically starts to breathe faster. Why did everything seem to fall apart as soon as you met Waldo? Everything just has this tinge of crazy to it now. When you went to that museum, everything crashed and fell apart around you. When you went to Egypt one of his friends died and another was in the dungeon and now.. this bizarre girl standing in front of you who lost her mind trying to win Waldo's affection. 

"Is it possible maybe.. you aren't?" You say, walking your way over to the twitching Wenda again. 

"It's always been this way. Waldo has always been this way" she whispers, stamping her foot in place, as if she was hoping if she stamped loud enough it would stop anybody from hearing what she was saying. 

"Wenda, you don't need  Waldo" you say "Maybe you should consider spending time alone? Like... spending time recollecting yourself" she then freezes in place, shouts something that you couldn't understand and quickly turns around and runs out of the room, back into the hallway. Unexpected but.. ok? You supposed. Within a few moments you heard another knock on the door. 

"Hey! <y/n>! I'm ready to go on another adventure, how about you?" It was Waldo. Did he see Wenda on the way in or..?

"Sure!" you say, hiding any sound of concern in your voice. Suddenly you didn't feel very safe going places with Waldo. He had a tendency to just.. bring this chaos around with him everywhere. You had to put an end to this somehow. You don't think it's worth it anymore. You've watched him kill people. You have those bizarre nightmares.. still being caused by an unknown source. Wenda said it was because Waldo didn't want you around him, but somehow that didn't feel right. There was more to it.. 

"But, before we go.. we should talk a little bit" you say this and are met with 4 very long minutes of silence. 

"Ok." he says, although much more passive aggressively. You had to figure out what was going on. What was Waldo hiding from you? What wasn't he telling you?