Chapter 10

Waldo leads you cheerfully across the beach you had landed on, you do your best to take in your surroundings, you take notice of all the palm trees surrounding you.

He brought you to the beach?

"Waldo.. where are we?" You ask curiously. Waldo give a slight smile and gestures broadly. 

"The great pirate war!" he declares, pointing his finger in the air in an "In a matter of fact" way. 

"T-the great pirate war?" You ask with visible confusion on your face. Waldo looks at you and nods. He points out into the vast sea in front of you, and then gestures you to sit down.

"Take a seat, everything is about to unfold." Waldo says gently. You take a seat next to the brightly dressed man of your dreams, and watch the sea. For a moment you consider holding Waldo's hand, but you shake the thought out of your head. You weren't exactly together, at least you thought. You had never considered asking Waldo what you relationship together was. Perhaps maybe.. before the great chaos of the pirate war begins, you could ask him? You inch your hand a little closer to his, and you feel your cheeks get hot.

"W-waldo.. I've been meaning to ask you something." You say softly. Waldo breaks his attention away from the sea.

"Yes <Y/N>?" he says. 

"I've been wondering.. what our relationshi-" suddenly, your words get cut of by the sound of various "YARRS" and yelling. Waldo raises his hands from the sand and claps excitedly. 

The great pirate war was something to behold. You noticed that there were several loud ships and even a kraken that were joining in on the battle. You suddenly felt a lot safer knowing you were sitting next to Waldo, who could whisk you away to somewhere safer if things got hairy at all. Waldo's joy suddenly begins to fade away, however, as he takes note of something on the largest ship out in the sea. Waldo's hand is placed on your shoulder, and Waldo gestures out to one of the ships.

"What is it?" You ask. Waldo continues pointing at the ship, and as you study it you notice something

It's Waldo.. Waldo is on the ship

"But.. you're right here" You say quietly. Waldo lowers his hand.

"It's me from a darker time <Y/N>.. keep watching. I don't want to hide things from you anymore.." His voice is strange and dark again. You convert your attention back to the past Waldo on the ship. 

With a sickening crack, you see the past Waldo end the life of a pirate with his cane. 

"We can stay here for as long as you'd like.. just remember that I'm not that person anymore." He says with a tone of shame in his voice.

Who did you used to be..?