Chapter 4

You give a confused giggle before you begin to try to articulate a response to Waldos claims. "What do you mean by "You're the only one who's ever seen me" that doesn't make much sense to me." You squint at waldo, as if you're trying to make sure he's still there

    "Well.. <y/n> I've been hiding most of my life, and up until now nobody has actually seen me, much less touched me." He gives a glance to your hands, which are still clasped together tightly.  "If I am being honest, I'm not sure how you found me. I've tried to get others to see me in the past but it never worked." Waldo looks into your eyes "Why do you think I've had you find me over and over again like I have?" Waldo then lets go of your hand.

    "Well if I'm being real with you, I was pretty sure you were just kind of weird, I mean considering the way you dress and all." You look Waldo up and down, taking in the candy-cane apparel. Waldo stays silent after this remark, and smirks at you.

    "Here.. what if I show you?" he says. This offer makes your stomach drop slightly, and you can feel the butterflies exploding around in your body. You nod and he one again grasps your hand, which manages to take your breath away just like it did the first time. Waldo, as always, pulls you along with him. This forces you to enter a full on sprint, and for once it felt like Waldo was desperate to take you somewhere. 

    "Where are we going?" you ask him. Without looking back at you he rambles out a response.

    "I've been a lot of places, <y/n>, I'm just trying to find the best one to show you this.. The beach isn't the right place, it's snowing right now. The airport doesn't work either.. neither does the sports stadium. Let's take them to the museum.." You start to suspect that maybe you weren't supposed to hear the second half of that sentence.

    "We're going to the museum?" You ask, you trip over a stick or some other object on the ground as you run along with Waldo.

   "I think so yeah, it's open this time of year right?" He shouts back at you. You try your best to remember what times the museum is open, but by the time you manage to gather up your thoughts you appeared to already be at your destination.