Kindnapping (Part two to Sleepy Inky)

Some people were asking for this so I guess I'll write it!
And thanks to SnomyFox for the idea.

While Error left to go talk to Dream and Blue, Ink slept in their home. He'd twist and turn and try his best to stay asleep, although every time he came close to a peaceful nap, it'd be ruined by the same nightmare.

However just outside the house in the middle of the universe they stayed in was the tap, tap tapping of someone's feet. They walked up to the house as the drip, drip, dripping of snow filled their ears. The person walked up the steps and to the front door before knock knock knocking away. Ink woke up in a start at the noise, he looked side to side trying to find the person responsible, but saw no one. As no one answered the door the person outside teleported in, creating a loud snap snap snapping, once again waking Ink. Ink tried to find who was there, but still there was no one. Ink clutched his pillow harder and closed his eyes, before hearing the soft breathing of some one else and the quick and subtle movements of an invisible person. As Ink crept back into the couch out of a small sense of unsafeness, their was a small pressure placed at the end of the couch. Ink looked up to see that there was someone there after all.

Nightmare.

Ink gulped down any excess fear and huddled himself into a ball away from Nightmare, making him raise a brow. Nightmare looked around and placed his one eye back to Ink. Ink squirmed as the teal eye peered into him.

"Hello Ink." Nightmare said, as Ink shuffled away.

"H-hi." Ink said a small quiver in his voice.

"I came here in looking for Error, and to find the person giving off so much negativity." He said.

"O-oh?" Ink whispered. Nightmare glared down at him, he knew Ink was the reason Error had stopped destroying universe as much, and knew the two had been close for a long time, he also knew that because of this Error had betrayed the bad sanses. In fact the reason he had come to visit Error had been to 'talk' to him about it all. Ink held the pillow tighter and dug his head into it. Nightmare raised his brow again, wondering why Ink was acting in this way. Usually he'd tell Nightmare to leave, threaten him with his paintbrush, stand up for Error however now Ink was acting different.

"So..tell me Ink why are you giving off so much negativity?" Nightmare asked, a smile plastered on his face.

"I..um...n-no...g-go away..." ink stuttered. 'Since when does Ink stutter like that?', night thought.

"Why don't you just tell me, and I can be on my way?"

"N-no.." ink stated a little more confidently, tears forming in his eyes. Nightmare looked Ink over more closely, he saw ink's tired look, combined with a quivering jaw; any movement Nightmare made Ink would reciprocate with a shuffle away all while struggling to remain upright. The main thing Nightmare noticed was something he had never seen in Ink before, the look in his eye, the look of childhood innocence. Nightmare thought over each aspect he had witnessed in Ink and began to put them together like a puzzle. Nightmare clenched his jaw and began to form a plan in his head to get back at Error for leaving the bad sanses.

"Ya know Ink, if you wanted me to I could take you to Error?" Nightmare said, trying his best to act as if he was really meant it. Ink's eyes lit up for a moment before they died down again as he realized something.

"E-error s-says if I need h-him t-to c-call him. I c-can just d-do t-that." Ink said, and Nightmare's eye twitched as Ink recognized his plan. Nightmare tapped his foot on the ground trying to find a new plan, he opened a portal to Candytale and grabbed one lollipop, and held it in front of Ink. Not only was this his plan, but it was also a test. It was rare for a kid to deny candy especially when one is as hyper as Ink. Ink opened one eye to look at the candy, his mouth twitching into a smile.

"Come with me and you can have it." Nightmare said, opening a portal back to his castle. Ink looked between the portal, the candy, the place he was in and back to Nightmare. He bit his nonexistent lip and swallowed before taking the candy from Nightmare. Nightmare smiled, and Ink followed him through the portal, Ink still holding the pillow close in his arms.

—————————————————

Error teleported to the Star's base where he knew he could find Dream and Blue. And sure enough Blueberry was waiting just outside their base looking around, when he spotted Error he jumped up and down in hopes to get his attention. Error walked up to Blue who immediately asked, "Is Ink ok?!" Error nodded and the two headed inside the find Dream already standing from the couch as if he knew Error was coming in.

"Error is Ink-" Dream started.

"He's FinE." Error said, brushing of the question, "I neeD tO tAlk to you Two." They both nodded and Blue sat down, and Dream followed, however Error remained standing.

"HoW loNg haVe tHe twO oF you kNown Ink?" Error asked.

"He came to visit Underswap a few resets in, after a while we created the star sanses!" Blue said, chipper as ever.

"A week after Dreamtale fell, he found me visiting the tree." Dream said.

"FirsT yOu boTh nEed to kNow iNk diDn't waNt yOu to kNow tHis. You cAnnot teLl aNyone abOut whAt I'm aBout to sAy."

"Ok." Both star sanses said.

"Ok, beForE tHe tHreE of yOu meT, befoRe inK beCame pRoteCtor, he hAd a unIveRse. THat uNivErse haD prOblEms, tHinGs hApPeneD it eNded wiTh Ink lOsiNg his sOul-"

"Losing his soul! That shouldn't be possible." Dream said in shock, Error looked back at him with the look of 'let me finish', and Dream quieted.

"He tHen bEcamE tHe crEatOrs eYe's anD eArs anD hAnds. The pRoblem wAs cReators neVer lOokEd aFter iNk...he'd bE so busy hElpiNg uS, he woulDn'T taKe cAre oF hImelF. EveNtuAlLy it cAugHt uP to hIm...nOw wHeneVer he's eMotion's oveRloAd to mucH he'lL revErt tO a tiMe wHen iT wAs eAsieR to contrOl tHem. He'lL turN meNtaLly inTo a cHild." Error finished.

"So...when Ink just stopped...he?" Blue started but couldn't find the right way to form his sentence.

"He wAs tIreD aNd most lIkelY ovErworkeD bY cReatoRs."

"Why wouldn't he tell us this before? Why'd he try and hide it? I mean..we could have helped..." Dream started.

"I doN't kNow. He dOesN't want pEople tO kNow aBout it."

"When did you find out?" Dream asked, wondering how Error knew this before them.

"I foUnd hiM in oUteRtaLe havIng aN episOde..wHen I caLmed him doWn eNough I pUt thE peiCes tOgetHer, and gOt hIm to tEll me HimsElf a Few weEks laTer."

"He's not hurt or anything?" Blue asked.

"No. IT jUst mEsSes wIth hIs heaD a lIttle."

"What about Cross and Reaper do they know?" Dream asked.

"No. AnD it wiLl sTay that wAy."

"Why wouldn't he tell his brothers?" Dream asked.

"I dOn't kNow." Error looked at the clock, and sighed "I neEd to gO cHeck oN hIm. Do Not telL aNyone." And error teleported away.

————————————

So how was this part? Please leave any suggestions or even if you just want me to make a sequel oneshot in the comments! Once again thank's to Snomyfox for the idea to have Nightmare find Ink. Ok, that's all from me.

Request are still open.