Forgotten Protector (3/3)

Two days later
Gradient's POV

"Ok, I Don'T knOw how LonG tHiS is gOing tO tAke. So yOu rEmemBer eVerYoNe's numBer's riGht, GraY?" Dad asked me. After he figured out that the numbers Pa had giving us were coordinates, he started to plan on finding the place they led to. He told our Uncles he planned on finding this Blank person for Pa. I was happy he was doing something, though. I smiled at him, and nodded.

"Yep. I remember. Call Uncle Cross and Dream first. Then if they don't answer, call Uncle Blue and Dust. Never call Uncle Horror, Nightmare, or Killer unless we want to get rid of a body. I remember, dad." I said, reciting what he had taught us.

"GrEat. I'lL be bAcK as sOon aS I cAn." Dad said, before leaving the house. I walked off to were Pj was sitting in the kitchen. His head was laying on the counter, and he looked defeated.

"You okay, Pj?" I asked, laying my head on the counter like him, to get on his level. He nodded, but I could tell he was lying.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong, Gray." Pj got up and left the kitchen. He had been acting like this for the past day or so. Instead of clingy to someone, he's been avoiding everyone. He walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. I sighed, and walked into the living room, picking up my sketchbook, and started to draw a picture.

It was of Pa and Dad

It was of Pa and Dad. I missed him a lot. I wish I could be like Pj and think he was coming back but, he's not. And I should accept it. Right?

Huh...

It's been three hours and Pj still hasn't come out of the bathroom. I'm starting to get a little worried. I got up, abandoning my drawing of Pa and Dad. I knocked on the bathroom door. I didn't hear anything so I knocked again.

"Pj? What are you doing? Are you ok? It's been three hours." I told him through the he door. I didn't get any answer so I knocked a third time. Still no answer. "Pj this isn't funny. Jam are you-u o-okay?" I was started to stutter. Why wasn't he answering?! I didn't want to be left alone. I didn't knock any more I started to bang on the door.

"PaperJam! Pj! Please!" I realized I was suddenly crying. I whipped off some tears and banged harder on the door. "Pj are you ok?!" I fell to the ground, he barely ever answered dad and now he wasn't even answering me. I didn't want to lose my whole family. I curled into a ball and cried for a little bit to myself, hoping Pj would come out and we could talk. I waited and cried for a few minutes. I hadn't planned on calling our uncles, but Pj still wouldn't come out, and the door was locked. I grabbed the phone and called Uncle Cross.

"Hello?" Uncle Cross said, when he picked up.

"U-uncle C-cross, I n-need he-lp. Pj wo-n't c-come out of the b-bathroom. And h-he locked t-he door. H-he's been in t-there for t-three h-ours. He w-on't talk to me..I'm sorry." I rambled, stuttering through tears.