Forgotten Protector (2/3)

Three weeks later

Gradeint's POV

It's been three weeks since...since dad died. I-hm..I don't really now how to explain everything that's happened now. I've seen how almost everyone reacted to it, and no one is ok. Pj doesn't even think dad's gone, he thinks that one day dad will just show up again and everyone will be happy again, because dad just left for a little while. I don't think he understands what death is yet. I won't lie, it gets on my nerves sometimes when he says that people should stop being so sad, he just doesn't see a point in it I guess. Uncle Cross and Uncle Reaper, they come by and visit us often sometimes they'll bring Lux, Starcross, Goth, Shino and Raven but usually it's just them. They'll come by and visit for a little while, one time I tried asking Uncle Reaper why. His answer was that me and Pj reminded them of Dad. I guess it make since, I wish I had someone who could stand in place of where dad left, but...I don't think that's possible. Uncle Cross had the same answer, except when I asked him it seemed like he could barely form a sentence.

Uncle Dream and Uncle Blue come by, too. Uncle Blue will make tacos, spaghetti, and a few other food items while Uncle Dream talks to us and other dad. I think I heard him ask dad when he might go through Pa's stuff. Dad didn't have an answer for him, he just said that he'd be doing it soon. If he does, I hope he lets me help. I...I wanna see what dad was like, since I didn't get see him like his friends seem to. Sometimes Uncle Dream helps Blue with the cooking so he doesn't burn down the house, I hope he doesn't Dad created this house as a perfect mix of his and other dad's likings.

Sometimes Uncle Geno comes over. I don't usually see him a lot when he comes over, though. He and dad go and talk somewhere else. I don't mind it, I think dad likes it, though he hasn't liked a lot of things lately. On the rare occasion, Killer, Nightmare, Dust, Horror and even Classic will come over. They each have different stories about Pa, some are good stories where he helped people, others are were he's fighting. But no matter the story I still listen, there some of the only things I hear about him that actually make it sound like he's still here.

But...he's not. Sci told us all, about what had been happening to him. When everyone found out that the Creators saw no use in him they weren't happy.

Flashback

"Ok...how do I explain this-" Sci said, as he paced in front of a few Sanses. The people he was in front of were Error, Dream, Blue, Nightmare, Classic, Killer, Dust, Gradeint, Pj, Geno, Cross, Reaper, and Outer. Each of them were shocked, and most importantly distressed. Yesterday they each had watched their friends die before them, and none of them knew why, except Sci.

"Just explain it!" Nightmare yelled, annoyed it was taking this long. He was in his passive form, but no matter his form he still had a terrifying body count. He was also hugging a distressed Dream next to him, who seemed to be having a panic attack.

"Okokokokok..." Sci said, desperate to not be in this situation. "I really didn't want to be the one to tell you all this. But Ink never told you, so now I'm forced to." At their old friends name many of them looked to the ground. Error with his already tear stained skull, looked as though he might start crying. "For the past few months, Ink's condition had gotten worse-"

"What does that mean?!" Dust said, as he held Blue.

"Ugh! I have no clue how to explain this! A few months ago Ink came to me, and asked for some help. I didn't know what he meant, but when I asked him he really didn't want to tell me. Eventually I got him to tell me that, the Creators sent him a message." At the creator's name many of the Sanses that sat there glared. No one was a very big fan of the creators, or players. They created life, but at the same time they were notorious for taking it away. What did those damn creators what with him, Error thought to himself.  He sat next to his two children, PaperJam and Gradient. One was quite confuse at the situation, while the other sat in shock and sadness hugging his brother.