Forgotten Protector (1/3)

So this will be a three parter. Ink and Error are married and have two children PJ and Gradeint. Gradient is older, though by two years. Here we go...

Ink's POV

Everything hurts. I'm not surprised though, it's been like this for weeks. Not able to get out of bed, not even able to protect the Au's. But what's there to protect them from...nothing. I should try and get up, or else Error and the kids will worry. I grab my paintbrush and use it as a crutch. I began to walk out of me and Error's room, Stumbling a little. I almost fall into the door knob and open the door to the rest of the house. Luckily Gradient and Pj are hanging out with their friends, I just have to make it past Error.

"Hey, InkY." Error came up to me, slightly hugging me. He walked into the next room, giving me a clear path to the front door. "InK, yA wAnt sOmeThinG tO eAt?" Error asked me.

"Uhhh...n-no." I said, my voice wasn't carried well, and shook. Error glanced at me with confusion in his eye sockets, "yOu ok, kIki?" I felt my legs start to give out from under me, I used all my strength to hold myself up. "y-yep" I said, "I'm g-gonna head o-out E-Error." I started walked out the door and sighed. I caught my breath and raised my finders, snapping them,  teleporting me away.

I landed in Sci's lab, the exact place I needed to be. Sci was doing some sort of experiment, so I went and sat down in one of his chairs he had lying around, "heya Sci." Sci jumped spilling some of the liquid he had in his hands, "Ack, Ink! How many times do I have to tell you not to scare me!"

"I don't know. I mean I'll probably just forget ya said anything about it. So a million?" I said, smiling. He walked up to me looking me up and down, "ya look worse then before."

"Well, what do ya expect?" I asked, did he really think I was just gonna get better? No, I wasn't just gonna get better.

"I don't know you to look like you won't die if I touch you. Have you even told anyone besides me?" Sci asked. The simple answer was no, I hadn't told anyone I was slowly dying. Huh...maybe he found something.

"No...This may be a long shot, but did ya find anything?" I asked, hopeful. Sci glared at me, he obviously didn't want to let the first subject go.

"No. I-I didn't, Ink. I can't find a way to undo what Creator's want. They're the players, they get to decide the outcome of our world, their's nothing I can do about it." Sci said looking at the ground.

"It's ok. I didn't really expect ya to find anything." I said, I could feel my fear rising but I pushed it down. I dragged my finger on the table next to me, imagining lines to create a picture.

"You need to tell people. I mean other people not just me." Sci said, bringing back the subject. I didn't want to think about it that much. I'd rather live it out normally then have people worry. "I was only able to slow the process Ink, I didn't stop it. You are still...your still...your still dying. You can't escape that fact. You need to tell them."

"I know, Sci!" I said, standing quickly making myself dizzy. I sat back down holding my skull to stop it from spinning. "I can't just go up to my family and tell them that I'll be gone in a few days." I said, queitly.

"Well think about it this way, how are they gonna feel when I have to tell them. When I have to tell them that, you are dying because the Players and the Creators see no point in having you around anymore-" Sci said, angrily but quickly stopped. He covered his mouth, "I'm sorry Ink. I didn't mean it.."

"It's fine, Sci. I mean it is the truth." I said. And it was, after a very thing went to normal, or well the fighting stopped. Everyone got a happy ending, there was no need to protect, the truce had been made and there was no need to create. There was no need for me.