Colorblind (Fluff)

Error and Ink had been friends for a long time, at least that's what their friends thought. The truth was the two were more then just friends, the two had a deep care for each other that had evolved over a long time. However, the two still had small secrets from the other. For example, Error had always been colorblind whenever Ink showed him a drawing, Au or painting he'd try and keep his comments a simple as possible so Ink wouldn't realized, which always worked as Ink believed his simple remarks to just be a sign from him being the destroyer. Error sat in his anti-void, laying on his hammock made of strings when he heard Ink come into the anti-void. Ink's feet tapped on the white ground, Error looked over the side of his hammock to find Ink walking over to his bean bag, he didn't have his scarf wrapped around his eyes like he'd usually have. Error made his strings lower to be next to Ink, who was sitting on his bean bag.

"Hi, Error!" Ink said happily.

"Hey, Ink..." Error said, before questioning, "Why aren't you hiding your eyes from the white?"

"Simple! I'm just focusing on something other then the white!" Ink said, as Error noticed he had his eyes strictly on the red bean bag.

"Oh?um...was there a reason you came here?" Error asked, as Ink fumbled grabbing a small version of his paintbrush.

"Yeah, I do! I wanted to show you something!" Ink said, created a portal on the ground. Error sighed knowing this would mean he'd have to lie or pretend to see colors again. Ink finished making the portal and grabbed a canvas from his Doodlesphere and held it up for Error. Error squinted at the painting, trying to see it better but it made no difference. He could tell it was of him and Ink with there other friends like Dream, Blue, Night and Cross but it had no idea what colors they were.

"Looks good Ink." Error said, giving Ink a small smile. Ink would have usually been satisfied with this and left the subject alone, but instead he pushed on.

"Are you ok, Error?" Ink asked, putting the canvas down. Error's eyes widened and he bit his lip.

"Yeah. Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"Because, whenever I show you anything you say the same thing? I know you aren't one for art and that stuff, but it's just a little odd?" Ink said, worry creeping into his voice.

"It's not odd. I just think it looks good, Ink. Can't you just accept that?" Error said, "here, um...you drew Dream well. It really looks like his pink clothes. Same with Blue and Night." Error said, shrugging his shoulders hoping he had chosen the right words.

"Error? Dream doesn't wear pink?" Ink said, a little confused checking to make sure he had colored Dream correctly. Error froze, realizing his mistake, he quickly tried to find a way to fix it.

"Uh...I meant purple?"

"Dream wears yellow and teal Error? He's never worn any pink or purple? Why would you think that?" Ink said, still confused. Error tapped his foot on the ground getting more and more nervous.

"Did I say Dream? I meant Blue." Error said.

"That's still wrong...what color is this?!" Ink held up one of his vials for Error to look at, it was the red one. It was filled up the most, so it should've been the easiest to see.

"It's purple?" Error said, nervously knowing from Ink's face he had gotten it wrong.

"It's red." Ink said, placing back in his sash. After a few moments, Ink broke the silence, "Error are you color blind?"

"Um...maybe a little bit?" Error said, it was an understatement and Ink could tell. Ink sat in thought for a moment.

"So you can't see any colors?" Ink asked Error as a sliver of pity formed in his voice. Ink couldn't imagine a world with nothing but white, grays and blacks no color. Just emptiness.