Chapter Twenty Three

You suddenly felt yourself become awake in your body. You had no idea how long you had been out for. Your eyes were still closed but when you tried to move them, they refused to open.

Any sort of movement besides natural breathing seemed impossible at that moment. You played back your most recent memories to find an explanation for what had happened. 

You were with Fred. Someone had shouted stupefy. You saw a red light. You fell backward onto the couch.

Someone had cast a stunning spell on you. That's why you couldn't move. 

Despite no sight, you used your other senses to observe. You smelled the fire and felt the fabric of the couch on your skin-

Fred.

Where was Fred?

He was right in front of you before you were stunned, where had he gone. You kept replaying the moments before you were stunned over and over, but there were no clues of what had happened to him.

"Take her." you heard a sharp voice cut through the air.

Dilla's voice. Why was she here? Who was she talking to? Was it Fred?

You heard no verbal response but suddenly felt hands on you, scooping you off of the couch and lifting you. 

Someone was now holding you. Their arms supported your limp legs and back, having no trouble doing so. You felt the warmth coming from the fire disappearing. You were being carried out of the room. Whoever was holding you walked briskly. You guessed that you were now traveling through Hogwart's halls.

As you lay paralyzed in someone's arm's you felt yourself be carried around corners and descend stairs, you felt your leg twitch. 

It was slight but it was there. 

You put all of your focus on your leg and tried to move it again. 

Nothing.

You tried again.

This time you thought about Fred. You thought about being in his arms as he soothed your fears. You thought about how you two had danced and how you needed to tell him you loved him.

Your leg moved, this time it was more than a twitch and a movement you had controlled. Your motion was coming back to you.

Seconds after doing so, you slightly moved your other leg. Soon enough, you felt completely in control of yourself again. The only thing left was to open your eyes.

You were almost scared to see who was carrying you. They seemed to had not taken notice of the small movements your legs had made. Maybe that was a good thing. You slowly opened your eyes.

You opened your eyes, finding yourself staring up at Adrian, wearing a serious expression, staring straight ahead as he held you and walked.

"Adrian- Adrian what's going on?" you whispered almost raspily, trying to gain your voice back.

"I'm here okay? You don't need to worry I'm here now," he said, looking down at you. 

"What?" you said, starting to sit up in his arms, "Where's Fred?"

"You don't ever have to worry about him. He can't hurt you anymore." Adrian said looking back up as he descended a staircase.

"Hurt me? Fred hasn't hurt me, what are you talking about?"

As you said this the hairs on your arms stood up by the sudden cold that you felt. You looked around seeing dark walls and emerald green rugs. He had brought you to Slytherin's common room.