Chapter Three

You, Fred, and George soon left Madam Malkins, each with a bag holding their new clothes. 

The rest of your afternoon was a blur. You, Fred, and George finished getting the rest of your books and later met back with the large group at Florean Fortescue's for ice cream. 

"There you three are!" said Molly walking into Fortescue's with the rest of the pack trailing behind, Hermione now a part of the group as well. "It's nearly dinnertime! We should get going back to the Burrow."

Not fifteen minutes later and everyone was back and comfortable in the Burrow. Everyone helped Molly quickly prepare dinner, you were all very hungry after the long day. 

All the seats at the long table were filled and despite everyone's extreme hunger, the table was still bustling with noise and chatter.

At the table, you sat in between Hermione and Ginny staying relatively quiet except for when Arthur asked you a question about what muggle's used sticky notes for.

Worn out from the day and full of food, you all trudged up the stairs to the second floor into Ginny's room. George and Ron flopped onto Bill's old bed while you, Ginny, Hermione did the same on Ginny's bed. Fred and Harry grabbed and sat nearby beanbags. 

While everyone got comfortable, Ginny lifted a large and heavy cardboard box onto her bed. 

"So." Ginny said hitting the sides of the box, "How do you all feel about some nighttime quidditch?" she said, scanning everyone's faces for their approval.

"For sure," said Ron.

"In the dark," questioned Hermione, "that has got to be dangerous."

"Well not in the complete dark, everyone can use Lumos. Plus, to make it less creepy since we will be in the dark, we have this," said Ginny once again hitting the box in front of her, "it's a muggle record player and a bunch of records! Music!"

The seven of you quietly crept down the stairs and made your way onto the grass, brooms in hand, even Hermione held one of Charlie's old brooms.

The teams were then decided on. Ron, Ginny, George, and Hermione on one team, and the other being you, Fred, Harry.

You may have had a smaller team, but, to put it kindly, Hermione was no asset when it came to quidditch. After she was unable to mount her broom, Ron pulled her up onto the back of his, both of them blushing profusely as she wrapped her hands around his waist and clung to him for dear life. 

You all decided to play with only the quaffle and the snitch, no bludgers. They would be impossible to see and hit in the near darkness. 

To see the snitch, Harry cast a light spell on it, having the small orb light up a pale yellow, contrasting heavily against the night sky. 

Ginny took the record player out of the box, placed it on the grass, and popped a record into it. Not long after she did so, rock music began to drift out of the machine, filling the air with a little more life.

George bopped his head to the beat, his hair swaying slightly as he did so. Ginny pretended to play her broom like it was a guitar before hopping onto it.

"The music was a brilliant idea, Ginny," Harry said

"Everyone ready?" asked Fred. Everyone except Hermione nodded. "Alright! Everyone to your positions! Now! 3...2...1... go!"

You had been given the quaffle to start with. You sped off in the direction of the goal, using the light from the tip of your wand to guide you away from trees in your path.