Chapter Thirty Four

"Thanks for letting me bunk with you guys Georgie!" 

You knew that voice anywhere. It was in fact, none other than Bill Weasley himself.

He worked as a curse breaker and the eldest of the Weasley children. He was here now, standing in the middle of Fred and George's bedroom. 

You strained your ear against the wooden door, trying to hear the conversation taking place in the bedroom.

"Guess you would say our flight wasn't too bumpy," chuckled a voice in a low tone.

That voice belonged to Charlie Weasley, the dragonologist of the family. You heard him as he lightly laughed about their transportation by a dragon.

You continued to listen to the boys talk outside in the room. That is, before you felt Fred begin to gently pull you away from the door.

"What are you doing," you whispered to him.

"Trying to have a little fun, is that so wrong?" he replied, quickly sliding his hands up your shirt as he stood behind you, his toned torso pressed up against your back.

"Fred we're in your broom closet, and your brothers are right outside," you strained, trying to keep your voice down.

"Guess we have to stay quiet then," he said pressing his lips into your neck.

"What is with you," you said to him, placing your hands onto the tops of his.

"Well I really like my girlfriend," Fred replied, his pointer fingers lightly tracing impatient circles on your abdomen.

"Your girlfriend?" you questioned, "since when are we official again?"

"I dunno," Fred said quietly and awkwardly, his sentence trailing off, "is that like, what you want this to be?" 

God, it felt so ingenuine, so forced, so fake. 

His question felt like a punch right to your stomach. Like a joke. Like you were just a joke to him.

"You don't really know me," you just barely whispered, speaking more to yourself than to Fred, "you don't know me as you did before,"

You stood there in the pitch-black closet, Fred's hands on your waist. But, now his hands felt awkward and stiff. 

"I think we both want different things here Fred," you said softly, realizing this Fred has only known you for a little more than two days. 

This was not your Fred. The realization now fully hitting you in the face.

You wanted a relationship with him. But you wanted what you had before, and that was the old relationship. There is no going back. 

It felt so easy then. 

And now, you didn't even know him.

It seemed that Fred now only had one thing on his mind. And it sure was not a real relationship.

You felt yourself getting angry. How the fuck was this fair to you. 

And that's when you realized that it wasn't. 

It's not fair.

"I'm nothing to you, aren't I?" you said, turning around to face Fred, "You don't want your memories back and you sure as hell don't want a relationship with me. Right?"

Fred just stood there in front of you. Saying nothing. 

You could not see him due to the darkness of the closet, but accurately imagined the color beginning to drain slightly from his face while his arms hung limply at his sides.

"Well I'm glad we cleared that up!" you continued sarcastically, the volume in your voice rising "This is all my fault. I am the real idiot here for thinking this was real, aren't I?"

Once again, Fred didn't speak. You just looked at his frame standing in the darkness do nothing. He barely moved, only doing so when his chest would rise and fall with his breathing.

"I'm getting out of here," you muttered, finding the door of the closet and not waiting for Fred to stop you.

You pushed the closet's door open and light from the outside flooding suddenly flood in.

Charlie, George, and Bill were only a few feet away from closet, all looking at you and the closet door in shock.

Bill raised his hand attempting a weak wave but at a fast pace you walked across the bedroom and exit. 

Before fully leaving the room you called out, "Bill, Charlie, it's fantastic to see you both," before slamming the bedroom door behind you.

~~~

"Oh you're joking," Hermione gasped, reacting to what had happened between you and Fred, "I am so sorry that's such a dick move of him I can't believe that,"

You were now in Ginny's room, retelling the events to Hermione.

It was only minutes after you had stormed out of Fred's room. You locked the door behind you as you had entered Ginny's bedroom but it didn't make a difference. 

Fred hadn't even tried to follow you. Guess he was just proving your point that he doesn't care.

"It will work itself out," Hermione said, trying to make you feel better, "he doesn't deserve you if this is how he's going to act,"

"Hey, what's going on?" Ginny said from the outside of her room, the locked doorknob twisting as Ginny tried to open it.

You and Hermione exchanged a look, understanding eachother without saying a word. Don't tell Ginny.

Hermione got up and let Ginny into the room, Ginny immediatly plopped onto her bed and squinted her eyes slightly, trying to read your expression.

"What's going on," she questioned.

"Nothing," you replied, trying to break the eye contact that Ginny was holding with you.

"Well fine," she said crossing her arms, "it's probably about my brother or brothers and you won't tell me because I'm their sister. Right?"

"Pretty much," you responded, "but that doesn't mean I'm telling you what happened,"

"Fine fine," Ginny said lightly, "but the reason I came up her was to get everyone to come downstairs, Mum wants us all together,"

"Sounds good," you said, glancing at Hermione and slightly widening your eyes in slight panic, "You guys can go I'll be down in just a second,"

"Alright," Ginny said, hopping up and heading towards the door, "see you in a bit,"

As Hermione follwed Ginny out of the room, you noticed she held a small box in her left hand that she swiftly slipped into her own pajama pants pocket.

You fell back on the bed, staring up at the quidditch posters adorning Ginny's ceiling, watiching the players all speed around on brooms. 

You laid there for quite a while, trying to forget about Fred and everything that had happened between the two of you since the dance. 

You were almost jealous of him and his lack of memory. You almost wished you could just forget all of this had happened.

You felt your eyes become heavy and nearly dozed off before you heard a soft knock on Ginny's door.