Chapter Twenty Eight

Surprisingly, the train ride wasn't too bad, despite the incident that happened earlier with you and Fred. 

The hours went by quickly and before you knew it the train was slowing to a stop. 

You had arrived at King's Cross.

You and everyone else grabbed the bags and exited the train, finding Ginny, Harry, Hermione, and Ron while doing so.

Sam scampered behind you as you walked through the train before you picked him up and cradled him in your arms. You didn't want to lose track of him.

Now standing on Platform 9 3/4, you all stood together while the electric crowd pulsed around you, kids all rushing to be reunited with family.

Angelina found her parents first. 

She turned to you and Katie, hugging you both and saying her goodbyes. 

She then went over to George and whispered something into his ear, making him turn pink in the cheeks before she ran off. As she left the group she turned and waved for the final time, which you all did back.

Lee and Katie were next.

Lee's mum was standing with Mr. and Mrs. Bell, Katie's mother and father. She clutched her purse, looking nervous. It made sense, she was a muggle, but supportive to Lee and his education at Hogwarts nonetheless. 

The two of them then bid their farewells to you and the twins before approaching the three adults.

Nearly a minute after your friends had left, you spotted Molly and Arthur Weasley. The both of them were excitedly and frantically looking around for all of you.

Molly soon came rushing towards you all once she saw the group.

"Oh, all of my darlings at last!" she exclaimed, making sure to hug you all, leaving nobody out.

She even gave Sam a peck on the top of his head.

You were so glad to see her. Your worries about spending Christmas at the Burrow lessened slightly.

"Ah! How we've missed you all!" Arthur said as he approached the group, beginning to help Hermione with her luggage, and then you with yours.

Soon after everyone greeted the Weasley parents, Arthur led the way to the same fireplace that you all had used back in September.

One by one, using the floo powder given by Molly, you all traveled through the floo network to get to the Burrow.

You went first, arriving at the Burrow moments later, Sam still in your arms.

You stepped out of the fireplace seeing that the Weasley's home was perfectly decorated for the Christmas season.

The couches held piles of knitted blankets, warm light from lamps and candles illuminated the space. A cute pine tree sat in the corner of the room but was undecorated, a few wooden crates filled with ornaments were placed nearby. 

You breathed in deep, savoring the feeling of comfort and the way that the Burrow always felt like the perfect hug. While inhaling the scents of the home, you smelt vanilla, pine, and freshly baked bread.

Before you knew it, the whole group had eventually all came into the living room, all stepping out of the fireplace, Ron being the last to arrive.

The room was now very crowded, as you all bumped into each other while trying to spread out.

"Okay! You all go upstairs, and unpack!" Molly said shooing you all towards the stairs with her hands, "If any of you are still down here after a minute, you know I'll put you to work!"