Chapter Thirty

Fred broke away from the kiss, but kept his face right in front of yours, and continued to hold your face with his hands.

"Before you ask, I don't have them back. Our memories," he said quietly.

The thought of Fred still without memory did pain you. 

A small part of you had hoped that the kiss would somehow bring them back to him. 

True loves kiss maybe. 

But that didn't happen. 

"Do you still want to be with me? Even if I can't remember anything up until a few days ago?" he said gently.

When he had first lost his memory of you, you wanted to stay away from him. 

You couldn't bear seeing him and thinking about what you had lost. 

As of a few days ago, being with him wasn't even an option.

But now, there was a change. 

Fred Weasley seemed to be falling in love with you all over again.

"Of course I do Fred," you said, caressing your hand across his cheek, "We can always make new memories right?"

"Yeah," he nodded before moving his head towards your ear and whispering.

"Wanna get a head start tonight?"

Before you could respond, Fred suddenly scooped you up in his arms.

"Fred!" you laughed, "What are you doing?" thinking this was a part of his game.

"Look at your fingers dummy, they're practically blue. Frostbite."

You listened to Fred and looked down at your fingers. Fred was right. You hadn't noticed before but they were in fact, turning blue.

You tried to fully bend them but found yourself wincing in slight pain.

Once hearing that you had trouble moving your fingers even slightly, you felt Fred picked up his walking speed, hurrying inside at a quicker pace.

When inside the Burrow's kitchen, Fred set you down on a nearby stool, then kneeling in front of you, pulling his wand out of his pocket and holding it in his right hand.

He picked up your hands, placing both of them on top of one of his hands.

As he muttered an incantation under his breath, a pale orange light flowed out of his wand and momentarily rested on your frozen skin, before disappearing. 

Seconds later, you saw that the color was coming back into your hands.

"You're quite the healer, huh," you said, complimenting Fred's handiwork while bending your fingers.

"Mum taught me once," he said, "it's a good skill to have, y'know, healing,"

"Well thank you very much," you whispered, interlocking your fingers behind Fred's neck.

"Wanna continue where we left off before I got frostbite? You were saying something about making new memories?" you said coyly.

"Oh you're funny," Fred said, moving his head closer to yours, "using my own words against me now?"

"Mhm," you said proudly, looking deep into Fred's eyes.

"Well," he continued, still moving his head closer to yours, "I think I've changed my mind."

"You have?" you said, surprised.

"I've decided that I'm going to make you wait now. Cause when we do make these memories, I want you to practically beg for them."

You were surprised by his words, but they put butterflies in your stomach. By his tone, you had a feeling Fred was now talking about a very specific memory he wanted to make.

His lips were nearly touching yours, but instead of going in for another kiss, he moved his head to the right and allowed them to graze your cheek while talking ever so softly.

"Listen to me. You're going to go upstairs and go to sleep. And we can pick this up tomorrow yeah?"

"Yeah," you said, barely getting the one word out.

"Okay then," he said, gently placing a kiss on your cheek before pulling away from you and standing up.

You joined him, also standing up. 

Fred took your hand and led you up the stairs. Sam had heard you reenter the house and was now walking close behind you on the stairs.

Stopping at Ginny's door, Fred turned to you and held both of your hands.

"Goodnight Fred," you said to him.

"Goodnight," he said smiling, before turning and heading to his and George's bedroom.

You then slipped into Ginny's room, tiptoeing back across the floor and into your bed, settling yourself back under the blankets.

Sam jumped onto the blankets, resting next to you.

"You're really the best wingman, even if you are a cat," you whispered to the black kitten, before rolling over minutes later and falling asleep.

~~~~~

"Morning!!" you heard Ginny sing out, standing next to your bed.

"Already?" you said rubbing your eyes and sitting up.

"And Happy Christmas Eve!" Hermione said cheerfully while she brushed her hair.

After the three of you got dressed and ready, you headed downstairs for breakfast.

Everyone else was already downstairs and sitting at the table, passing around plates piled high with bacon, toast, eggs, and much more.

You briefly made eye contact with Fred as you took an open seat next to Harry.

"Bill and Charlie are coming home today!" Molly said excitedly as she continued to place more plates on the table.

Breakfast went by quickly, most of the conversations that took place spoke mostly of Charlie and Bill and how everyone was looking forward to seeing the both of them.

You eventually walked towards the kitchen and placed your dish in the sink. But, as you raised your hand to cast the cleaning spell, you felt hands slide around your waist.

"Hey there," Fred said, continuing to snake his arms around your middle.

"Hi," you said, trying not to sound flustered.

"I think you and I should go do something, together," he said, his voice full of confidence.

"Thoughts?" he said, finishing his sentence.

"What do you have in mind?" you said turning to face him.

"Come on," he said, taking your hand and leading you outside.

Once outside, you saw that Arthur's car, the Ford Anglia was sitting out the lawn, the blue color of the car looking bright against the freshly fallen snow.

"What?" you said, looking at him, "the car?"

"I'm teaching you how to drive it," he said walking the two of you towards it.

"No way Fred, I'll crash!"

"I trust that you won't. Besides what will you crash into? The air?"

The two of you now stood in front of the car on the drivers side door. Fred reached over and grabbed the handle, opening the door.

"After you," he said.