Chapter Five

Minutes later, the Hogwarts Express slowed to a stop, indicating that they have arrived at the school. Sam made his way down from the overhead shelf and you picked him up, holding him in your arms. Sam's purring indicated his approval. As your group exited the train, you noticed Hagrid who was helping all of the first years.

Lee also saw Hagrid to which made him yell out, "HEY HAGRID OVER HERE!"

Hagrid turned and waved to all of you, beaming. You all responded with waves and smiles as well.

You and the crowd around you entered the castle and made your way to the Gryffindor house table. You and your friends took your seats and now with your house, you quickly found Ron, Harry, and Hermione sitting a few students in between your group and theirs. You caught Harry's eye and threw him a wave. He elbowed Ron and pointed you out to both him and Hermione. The three excitedly waved back. You knew Ron was ready to eat and Hermione to read.

The sorting ceremony was a blur, but you heard the sorting hat announce Gryffindor many times and saw many new little faces at the end of the table by the end of the event. 

Before the feast every year, the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore would give a little speech to both the students and staff of Hogwarts. This year was no different.

"My friends," Dumbledore spoke, "I will say a few words before the feast begins. First off, to those who were just sorted, I alongside returning students and staff welcome you. The second order of business is the fifth year dance. We hope to make this an annual tradition for the fifth years if this year is a success. Finally, I would like to introduce you all to our transfer student." said Dumbledore.

"Transfer student?" Fred turned around whispered to you, sounding very confused.

You shrugged at him, just as confused. You looked across the table and caught Katie's eyes. You both gave each other a look, questioning what Dumbledore had just said.

"From Llvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Dilla Foxworth!"

A girl sitting at the Ravenclaw table stood up and walked over to the stool where the sorting hat still sat. 

"Although Ms. Foxworth is a fifth-year, she has never been sorted in a Hogwarts ceremony. So, she will be sorted now."

Dilla Foxworth was now wearing the sorting hat and then the hat spoke, "Ah you were Wampus at Illvermorny! The adventurers! You could be a Gryffindor? Or perhaps a Slytherin? Hmm, I say you will do best in... Gryffindor!"

Dilla took off the hat and walked over to and sat down at the Gryffindor table, her head poking a whole foot above all of the first years

"That is all." said Dumbledore, "Everyone tuck in! 

At that, endless food appeared on the table. You helped yourself to shepherd's pie and placed a piece of chicken in your lap for Sam who had been sitting since you sat down at the table. Everyone looked ravenous, practically shoving food down their throats. Soon after, you and all the Gryffindors headed to your common room.

"Fortuna Major," Percy said to the Fat Lady. The picture frame turned into an entrance which you all filed into.

You placed Sam on the ground allowing him to freely run around the common room. You plopped onto a couch soon joined by the twins, Angelina, and Katie. Eventually, Lee did as well after he finished animatedly talking to a group of first years.

"Phew," he sighed, slumping down in an armchair, "I'm exhausted already."

Nobody had enough energy to agree with him verbally, Lee's words were met with nods and a few groans.