Chapter Six

Fred's kiss felt like it had sobered you up. You were suddenly hyper-aware of your surroundings. Your face was still inches from Fred's and his unblinking hazel eyes were piercing into yours.

"Fred, we're both drunk," you whispered. "Right?"

Fred suddenly pushed his lips back into yours, cutting you off. You felt Fred sitting up as you kissed, causing you to sit up as well. Before you knew it, you were both sitting across from each other, lips still locked. You felt him shudder and a low moan escaped his throat. You dug your fingers into Fred's hair, which was soft and smelled addictively of gunpowder. Fred's hands moved down to your waist and suddenly you were the one lying on your back. Fred pulled his lips from yours, his head hovering over you, but then he moved in closer. His lips brushed against your cheek which sent shivers through your entire body.

"Tell me if you want me to stop. Because I sure don't feel very drunk anymore," he muttered into your ear over the roar of the common room fireplace.

You said nothing, your mind was completely blank but that wasn't the only reason why you stayed silent. Because the truth was you did not want Fred to stop. Fred brought his hand to your mouth and slowly dragged his thumb across your bottom lip. 

"Tell me now," said Fred.

He tucked a tiny piece of your hair behind your ear.

"Or now."

He then moved closer, his lips grazing yours.

"Or n-"

You pulled Fred's lips into yours, you couldn't take it. Fred kissed you roughly but passionately, barely coming up for air. 

He moved hands down to the undersides of your thighs and pulled you closer to him, putting you into a more vulnerable position. Fred's large frame practically fit across the whole couch which he used to his advantage. He braced himself with one hand upon the couch arm behind your head, using it for stability as he moved from your lips to your neck, sucking and without a doubt creating hickies.

"We have to stop. Fred, we're drunk. We aren't thinking. We have school in-"

You stopped mid-sentence to check your watch.

Fred stopped and looked up at you. 

"SHIT. Fred, it's four am," you said in a panic.

Fred's eyes immediately widened and you both sat up.

"Shit. It felt like only twelve," he said angrily, running his hands through his hair. The light from the fire making it look more flaming red than usual.

"Cmon," he said, standing up and grabbing your hand, "I'll walk you to your dorm."

You didn't hesitate. You grabbed Fred's hand the two of you made your way up to the girl's dormitory, which Fred was somehow able to walk up the stairs of. Fred pulling you through the darkness eventually stopping outside of your dorm. 

"Goodnight." said Fred "See you in potions tomorrow?"

"Hopefully if we wake up in time and aren't too hungover," you answered, half-joking. Both you and Fred would only be getting a few hours of sleep and neither of you is a morning person. Not to mention how many hours you would lose replaying the night's recent events in your head. Plus, you could already feel your headache coming back.

"Bye Freddie," you whispered to him before turning to walk into your dorm. But that's what did it. Fred grabbed your arm and pulled you into a deep, yet quick kiss, bending very far down from his normal six feet to reach your lips.

"You've never called me Freddie before," Fred said, his forehead resting on yours and a big smile forming on his face, "you have a crush on me or something?"

"Oh goodnight and goodbye Fred!" you said lightly hitting his shoulder.

"Alright alright." he laughed, "Goodnight." and with that Fred turned and walked towards the stairs as you entered your dorm.

You walked into your dorm and saw through the darkness that both Angelina and Katie were fast asleep. You then saw Dilla's bed in the opposite corner, Dilla herself most definitely the lump underneath the blankets on her bed. You stumbled to your four-poster, struggling to walk straight. You were too tired and drunk to change or keep your eyes open. So, you climbed into bed and promptly fell asleep once your head hit the pillow.

You slept for a couple of hours but it felt like you had been asleep for roughly five minutes when you felt Katie pulling your blankets off of your bed exposing your legs to the cool air. 

"No, no NO," you said groggily, feeling for the blankets with your eyes still closed.

"It's our first day," lectured Angelina, who was brushing on mascara, "and we have potions first, I don't know about you two but I am not having Snape fail me for the fifth year in a row or lose any more points from the house cup! Now start getting up!" she said, as she reached one of her long legs out to lightly kick your feet.

Angelina's little speech was surprisingly motivating and it got you out of bed. You brushed out your hair and put on your robes. You grabbed the bathroom doorknob and turned but it stayed closed.

"No use," said Angelina, "it's been locked all morning."

"Well that's annoying," you said, "Should we just use the third year's bathroom later?"

"I suppose that's our only option," replied Angelina. "but I'm sure Hermione will let us."

You and Katie nodded in agreement. As you were looking at yourself with Angelina's handheld mirror Katie popped up behind you.

"You don't have to get me anything for Christmas if you let me!" she said

"Let you what Katie?" you asked.

"Your makeup. Let me do it?" she pleaded. You could tell she already had a look in mind and was gripping various products in her hands.

"Fine." you jokingly rolled your eyes along with your response, "But I am still getting you a Christmas present."

Katie sat you down on your bed and had you close your eyes. You felt her apply blush, concealer, and eyeliner.

"Okay, now open your eyes for the mascara," she instructed and told you when to blink as she swiped the makeup onto your eyelashes.

"Done!" said Katie sitting back and admiring her handiwork.

"Let me see," you said, motioning for Angelina to hand you back the handheld mirror sitting on her nightstand.

"Katie this looks so good!" you exclaimed using the mirror to look at your newly applied makeup.

"Ready for breakfast?" asked Angelina.

Ready as well as you could manage without a bathroom, the three of you began to head to the great hall, planning to stop at the third year's bathroom to use it and to brush your teeth. Suddenly, your dorm's bathroom door opened for the first time all morning.

It was Dilla.

"Good morning!" she sang out, seeming to be unaware that she had just spent her entire morning being the only one of the four to use it at all.

"Hey Dilla," Katie said tentatively and softly, "none of us got a chance to use the bathroom this morning, and just in the future could you maybe just be a little quicker?"

"Why didn't you guys just wake up earlier?" Dilla replied casually.

"Well nobody needs to wake up three hours too early just to use the bathroom for five minutes. It doesn't make sense," you said.

"We are just going to use the third year's bathroom today," said Angelina turning to leave the dorm once again.

Dilla just shrugged her shoulders, "Okay? See you all later I guess."

You and Katie followed Angelina out of the dorm. Katie, being the last one of you three to leave made sure to slam the door behind her as hard as she could.