Chapter Four

The next day, you woke up in bed to the voices of Hermione and Ginny in your ears.

"We cannot be late, you need to wake up now or never," teased Hermione.

"Yeah," agreed Ginny, "don't be such a Fred," she said, joking about Fred's inability to be a morning person.

You rubbed your eyes and walked over to Ginny's mirror and then it hit you. Fred.

So many questions started racing through your mind. You had no idea what had happened between your slow dance in the grass and now. You didn't even know how you got back into the burrow.

You quickly threw on your clothes and after you made sure your new books and dress were secure in your trunk and that Sam was fed, you tried to discreetly enter Fred's room with as little attention as possible.

Once you got to the door of Fred and George's room you swiftly opened the door, stepped inside, and quickly closed it behind you. What you had not realized was you had walked in on a shirtless Fred. His back was to you and it appeared that he had not heard you enter. You immediately took hold of the door handle, thinking that you could sneak out and Fred would never know of your presence. However, as you turned the knob it squeaked.

Fred turned around, a surprised look on his face which quickly morphed into a soft smile.

"Hey," you said, suddenly feeling very embarrassed, "I have to ask, last night, what exactly happened with us?"

"Phew what DIDN'T happen with us last night!" laughed Fred.

"Fred I'm serious," you said.

"I'm only kidding!!" He said, laughing, "Maybe we can have this conversation when I have a few more layers on?" he said, gesturing to his shirtless torso.

"Fair. On the train then?" you asked.

"On the train," he nodded, "Now scram I'm getting dressed!"

Feeling slightly better you exited Fred's room and reentered Ginny's to grab both Sam and your trunk.

You opened Ginny's door and out tumbled Hermione and Ginny, both pressed against the door.

"What are you doing?" you asked

"Well," giggled Ginny, "I think we can ask you that same question."

"Huh?" you questioned, picking up Sam and grabbing your trunk, "How so?"

"You know," Hermione said, "you and Fred of course. When were you going to tell us?"

"What are you talking about?" you said, trying not to sound completely guilty of dancing with him last night.

"Well last night after I got sick, everyone decided I should sleep on the couch because the stairs seemed like too much for me to handle."

"Hurry hurry hurry! Ginny said to Hermione, trying to get to the point of what she was saying.

"Okay," she nodded excitedly, "well anyways I was laying on the couch hours after we came in just struggling to sleep, and then I saw you and Fred come in around 3 am. Oh! And he was practically carrying you into the burrow and then up the stairs. I can only assume you were drinking and blacked out."

"We were not drinking and nothing is going on with me and Fred. We just danced. As friends." You replied, however, your cheeks were a bright shade of pink.

"Sure.." said Ginny, not buying your story, but a smile now across her whole face, "So are you going to tell us the full story or what?"

"Well.." you said sheepishly, "I don't remember. But, Fred said he's going to tell me on the train. Then it will all make perfect sense."