Chapter Seven

"Hermione!" you called out, opening the door to the third-year girl's dorm.

"Over here!" she cried out from somewhere in the room.

You, Katie and Angelina, walked into the dorm further to see that Hermione was struggling to hold all of her books, a teetering pile taller than Hermione herself.

You grabbed a few books off the top of the stack, as did Katie while Angelina held Hermione's shoulders to steady her.

"Thanks, guys." Hermione sighed, placing the remaining books in her hands on her bed, "I don't know how I am going to possibly hold all of these books, and this year. I signed up for so many classes, I'm nervous it's a few too many."

"Hermione you're the smartest PERSON I know. There's very little you can't handle. But also, we kinda have a favor to ask."

You filled Hermione in on the bathroom situation and Dilla's remarks with the occasional commentary from Katie and Angelina. As you ended the story you brought up the favor of the three of you using her bathroom quickly.

"Oh my gosh how terribly rude of her!" exclaimed Hermione when you finished, "And of course you guys can use my bathroom. I have a bunch of spare toothbrushes anyways," she said, making a slight reference to her dentist parents.

You, Angelina, and Katie quickly brushed your teeth and with Hermione, then headed to the Great Hall for breakfast. 

After arriving at Gryffindor's table, the four of you sat down and began to fill your plates with food. After a few minutes, you heard George, Fred, and Lee approach the table. Further down the table, you saw Harry and Ron further down the table, motioning for Hermione to join them. 

"Ron and Harry are finally here. Of course, they are extremely late. I'll see you guys later!" Hermione said with a quick wave before leaving your group to join theirs.

"Goodmorning!" Lee said taking a seat next to Angelina and helping himself to the food on her plate, "How are we all feeling about having potions this early in the morning?"

"Hmmm, I'd say positively terrible," replied Fred, sitting down next to you and filling his plate with breakfast, "What do you think Katie? I know Snape's practically your boggart." he continued. As Fred said this, his free hand not holding his fork discretely slipped under the table. You felt his hand slip under the end of your skirt and lightly squeeze your thigh, then he relaxed his hand and it rested there.

His unexpected touch sent chills down your spine and made your cheeks flush a bright red. You turned and looked at Fred, his large hand still on your thigh. However, Fred acted as though this was completely natural and was now in a conversation with George and Angelina about quidditch tryouts.

"What if I don't make it," stammered Angelina, "I heard a bunch more people are trying out!"

"Oh, you're joking!" George responded instantly, "You're one of the best chasers, both you and Katie alone play more than all the 6th and 7th-year chasers combined!"

You finished your breakfast and noticed that nearly everyone else had as well, except for Lee who was now shoveling his fifth pancake into his mouth. At both the Gryffindor and other house tables, students began to rise from their seats and head to their first class of the day.

"Should we get going," asked Katie, "Snape will kill us if we're late on our first day."

"He'd kill us if we're late any day." you replied, "So yes I say we get going."

You stood from your seat and Fred pulled his hand away from your thigh, nobody else noticing that it was there in the first place. The six of you rose from your seats and began making your way to the dungeon where the potions classroom was located. The conversation was mainly soothing Katie over her Snape worries. Minutes later, you all arrived and a few minutes early, to Katie's relief. 

Snape had not entered the classroom yet, however other students were getting settled at desks. Since it was double potions, the 5th year Gryffindors and Slytherins took the class together so there was a mix of green and red robes seated throughout the class.

"Come on," you said walking towards the back of the class, "there are still some good seats left."

Each table had two seats, so you all paired off. Angelina and Katie at the first table, Lee and George at the table behind them, and Fred had grabbed the table next to theirs for you and him.

You didn't know how to interpret this. You stood, looking at Fred sitting at the table. Was this simply a friend gesture, or was it because of what happened last night? Now with last night on your mind, a wave of what felt like guilt washed over you. You never told Katie and Angelina about what happened. However, you quickly found an excuse for it by thinking about how preoccupied you all were getting ready and dealing with no bathroom.

"Hey up here," a voice called out in your direction, interrupting your thoughts.

You looked towards the front of the room where you had heard the voice and found that it was Adrian Pucey, Slytherin's chaser who you, unfortunately, found yourself having a slight crush on in your third year which Angelina and Katie mocked you relentless for.  

You turned around to make sure that Adrian was actually speaking to you. Seeing nobody behind you, it had to you that he was speaking to.

"Yeah you," he lightly laughed, "wanna sit together?"

Third-year you would have killed to sit next to Adrian Pucey. 

"Thank you for the offer but I'm sitting with Fred. Maybe another time?" you said politely.

"Alright," he said, turned around to face forward, "some other time." 

As you began to move to Fred and the table, someone moved in front of you, nearly knocking you off of your feet. Now, sitting in your seat next to Fred, was Dilla. She came out of nowhere and cut you off. 

"Mind if I sit here?" Dilla said, "I still don't know anyone and I would feel much better sitting with someone I do know." she finished, looking up at you and batting her eyelashes.

"You know Fred?" you asked.

"Well... no, but nearly all the other seats are taken and I would rather sit with someone in my own house." Dilla responded, "No biggie right?"

You looked around the room and Dilla was right, the desks were almost all full. 

"Yeah," you huffed, "no biggie at all." you then turned and walked towards the front of the room and slid into the seat Adrian had offered you before.

"Hey!" he said, "Had a change of heart?"

"Something like that," you muttered, taking out your quill.

Snape entered the class and began his first day lecture but your mind wandered in a million. different directions. You had not known her long, but after this morning you were not a fan of this new girl Dilla, not at all.