Chapter Two

As you, Ginny, Harry, and Ron followed Fred downstairs for lunch, you couldn't help but feel slightly embarrassed. Fred heard you and Ginny.

"Psst hey," said Ginny not so quietly whispering into your ear, "what exactly just happened?"

Still, on the staircase, you slowed to a stop, letting Harry and Ron walk by. Ginny understood and stopped as well.

"So?" she questioned once again.

"It's just," you said, "I tell Fred and George everything."

"Well duh, you guys have been best friends since you were all first years."

"Everything except, well, guys and you know, that kind of stuff. He said in our third year that it's off-limits for me to tell him or George."

"Ohhh. That IS kinda awkward," said Ginny.

You nodded in agreement, "I think he felt like he was invading my privacy or something, even though I haven't done anything more than peck Katie as a DARE two years ago."

"I'm sure Fred won't feel awkward for too long, you know that's not how he is," said Ginny sympathetically.

"Yeah, I hope," you responded, "thanks Gin."

You continued down the stairs, the topic of conversation between you two had now shifted to getting Sam and Ron matching hats which made you both laugh, you tried to not keep your mind on what had just happened upstairs.

Molly's was bustling around the house, with quite a few pieces of parchment in her hands.

"Oh, Percy!" Molly said, handing him one of the pieces of parchment, "here's your list."

Percy took the piece of parchment and mumbled a small thank you. Molly smiled at him and moved on to the other pieces of parchment she was giving out.

"My fifth years where are all of you!" she said, her eyes darting around until they landed on you.

"Dear," Molly said, handing you a piece of parchment, "you, George, and Fred are all getting the same 5th-year materials and I fear they will lose this. Do keep it handy and the three of you can stick together in Diagon Alley."

Molly found Ron and gave him the piece of parchment for the third year supplies for him and Harry.

Finally, she gave Ginny her list and everyone made their way to the fireplace.

Using floo powder Percy went first, then Fred, then George, then Harry, then yourself. After you came Ron, then Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley.

"Alright everyone," said Molly, "we are a big group, so we are going to split up to hurry this along." her tone meant business.

"Harry and Ron go find Hermione, she said in her letter to me she will meet you at Gringotts. And go now, don't keep her waiting."

Harry and Ron started towards Gringotts.

"Now," Molly sighed "you three go and BEHAVE!" she said, gesturing to you, Fred, and George. You had a feeling that the instruction to behave was more directed towards the other two.

"Where to first?" questioned George, "Madam Malkins or Flourish and Blotts?"

"Madam Malkins?" you questioned, "We already have our school robes though," you said.

"Look," said George pointing to the piece of parchment in your hand, "it says that we need formal attire for one occasion."

"Formal attire?" said Fred, scrunching his nose slightly in confusion, "What would we need those for anyways? We have never needed them before."

"I say we ask Madam Malkin herself, maybe she will know," you said, you were also lost as to why you would need this type of robe.

Madam Malkins was practically running around in her shop and looked very flustered.

"Just one-second my dears," she paused, and to panted the three of you, "we have been awfully busy these past few days!"

Madam Malkin turned and opened the door for two dark haired second years, and thanking them as they left the shop.

"Now," she sighed, "what can I help you three with?

"Well," said George, "our list here says that we need formal attire?" he asked, "Frankly we don't really know why we would need them for school."

"Ah!" said Madam Malkin, "You must be fifth years. Dress robes for wizards and dresses for witches are required for the fifth years this year. Your year is having some sort of dance!

"No way!" You said turning to George, then Fred, "You guys hear that! A dance just for us fifth years!"

Before Fred or George could respond, Madam Malkin grabbed your arm. "The lady first!" she exclaimed as she directed you towards a dressing room.

"Now," Madam Malkin said, "what color dress?"

All you could do was shrug, you had never been to a dance before.

"I have some ideas," Madam Malkin winked before turning and walking into a back room and coming back not a minute later with a pile of dresses higher than herself.

"Here," she said, dumping them into your arms, "start trying them on, you are bound to like one of them, my taste is impeccable." she chuckled, closing the curtain of the dressing room.

You entered the dressing room and placed the pile on a nearby bench and picked up the dress at the top of the pile. The dress was long and made of silk that rippled beautifully. The color was just as stunning, being the perfect deep forest green. You slipped the dress on and pulled aside the dressing room's curtain.

"You look ravishing my dear," gasped Madam Malkin as you stepped out of the dressing room. "truly you look absolutely beautiful, this gown fits you so well ."

Madam Malkin didn't lie, she really did have good taste. The dress comfortably hugged your waist and torso, but still managed the slightly flow out around your legs.

Fred and George were now standing next to Madam Malkin who was having George stand very still while she measured his arms for his dress robes.

"You look wicked!" said George, "But hey the ball is for students only, not royalty!" he joked.

"Why don't you take a few steps so I can see how it fits you when you move," said Madam Malkin still measuring George's long arms.

You nodded but as you stepped forward, your left foot snagged on the length of the dress and you tripped, then turned, falling backward. You squeezed your eyes shut and braced for impact. However, you never hit the ground.

"Hey there," you felt a warm breath whisper in your ear, "maybe you should go for a shorter dress huh?"

You recognized that voice immediately. How couldn't you? It had been the same voice cracking jokes to you for five years.

Fred.

You unclenched your eyes and slowly opened them. There he was. Your noses nearly touched and you were both now staring right at each other.

You suddenly became aware of Fred's hands. He was holding you up with ease, but at the same time very gently. His right hand was curved around your waist while his left hand supported your back.

You were so flustered that all you could do was stare. Fred slowly stood back up, readjusting his left hand and getting you standing upright again.

"Thanks," you mumbled, brushing yourself off.

"A tad too long!" said Madam Malkin, now inspecting the bottom of the dress, "I can shorten this in no time.."

Madam Malkin continued to fuss over the bottom of your dress but you had one thing on your mind. Fred. Why had you felt that way when he caught you and did he notice it too?