Chapter 14

(The picture featured in this chapter is the inspo for Alexa's outfit. Just imagine it with a black shirt instead of a striped shirt.)

I'm having the best dream ever when I'm woken by a loud sound only to realize that it's my stupid phone. I groan out loud and sluggishly roll over in bed to grab my phone off my nightstand. When I finally peel my eyes open I see that I have a new text from Nate and immediately perk up. I guess my phone isn't so stupid after all. Not when it has texts from my new boyfriend. Holy shit! I have a boyfriend! How did that happen?!

Yesterday, when I woke up I was single as I'd ever been and then come night time, Nate asked me to be his girlfriend. I, of course, said yes, and now here I am with a boyfriend. My very first boyfriend. It's crazy how things change in the blink of an eye. I'm honestly still in shock and can hardly believe Nate's my boyfriend now. Why he set his sights on me is beyond me? But I'm glad he saw something in me that no one else has. Not even me. Hopefully, I can see it one day too.

I unlock my phone to read his message.

Nate: Morning beautiful.

I smile at the sweet message and roll onto my stomach and prop myself up on my elbows so I can text him back. 

Me: Morning handsome.

Nate: How are you?

Me: Great! And you?

I text back with a big dorky smile on my face.

Nate: I'm good but I could definitely be better.

Me: How so?

Nate: If you were here with me.

Me: I knew you would say something like that.

Nate: Are you saying I'm unoriginal?

Me: More like predictable.

Nate: Guess I have to up my game then. No one wants to be predictable.

Me: I was kidding.

Me: Where are you texting me from anyway?

Nate: My bed.

Nate: Want to know what I'm wearing?

"Hopefully grey sweatpants," I say out loud and bite my lip.

Me: Sure. Enlighten me.

Nate: Guess you don't want to know then.

He teases me and I groan.

Me: Nate! Tell me!

Nate: Grey sweatpants.

Thank my lucky stars! I just hope he doesn't send a picture. I don't think my heart could handle that this early in the morning.

Nate: Nothing else.

He adds, making my jaw drop.

Me: Not even boxers?

I ask him, letting curiosity get the best of me.

Nate: NOPE. ;)

He texts back and I don't even know what to respond to that.

Nate: Cat got your tongue?

He teases me and I can't help but laugh and shake my head at his dumb text.