Chapter 39

The big day is here...

I stand at the altar and try so hard to pay attention to the man officiating the wedding, but I can't, not when the most handsome man of all is staring back at me as if I was the only girl in the room. I gaze into his baby blues and feel myself get sucked into his captivating eyes that never fail to make me feel downright beautiful.

I see him mouth 'I love you' and mouth it right back with the dorkiest smile on my face, not caring if guests see us being cheesy with one another. He cracks the sexiest grin that makes me swoon. I blow an air kiss his way, making him chuckle, and I'm not gonna lie, the sight alone does something to my insides.

I bite my bottom lip as butterflies flutter to life in my stomach when I feel someone pinch me from behind. I look over my shoulder and see Mia looking away but I know she's totally guilty. I stick my tongue out at her and face forward, feeling giddy that she could be part of Gracie's big day.

Gracie cut ties with Miranda when she found out what she had done to Nate but not before giving her a piece of her mind. I don't know what exactly went down between the two but I'm pretty sure the two duked it out because Gracie was sporting cuts and bruises when she showed up at my place. She assured Mia and I that Miranda looked much, much worse after she finished with her and I'm not gonna lie, I kind of wish I could have seen what went down between the two. I would have gladly helped Gracie take on Miranda but she refused to let anyone go with her when she confronted Miranda. She told us it was something she needed to do by herself and she did.

She confronted Miranda all on her own and when she finished giving her a piece of her mind, she came over to my place all scratched up and bruised, doting the biggest smile on her face. That day she asked Mia to step in as her bridesmaid. Mia didn't hesitate to accept and I'm so happy that she did because now we're both here, celebrating Gracie and Jared's wedding day and I could not be happier.

When it came time for Gracie to pick a new maid of honor, she proved yet again that she's not a traditional bride, and made us all her maid of honor. Yup, you heard me right. She refused to choose between us because to her we have all played an important role in her life at one point or another and she's just happy to have us all by her side on her big day. That made us all tear up when she told us, and at the same time it made me relieved because I was worried the end of her friendship with Miranda would hit her really hard, especially so close to her wedding, but she surprisingly took it well and has been nothing but smiles since the day she declared us all to be her maids of honor.

I look towards the center of the altar and see Gracie looking at Jared with nothing but love in her eyes and smile. I know what it feels like to look at the person you love with nothing but adoration in your eyes. I guess you can say she reminds me a lot of myself, and I'm so happy I could be here to not only witness it but also play a big role in her special day surrounded by so many people I have come to love in the short time I have known them.

I hear the judge tell Gracie and Jared they can kiss and we all clap excitedly for the newlyweds, who drag out their kiss a little too long. When the judge clears their throat, we all laugh.

We clap and holler for the newlyweds as they make their way down the aisle with the most radiant smiles on their faces and I can't help but sigh. Their love for one another is so beautiful and pure.

I look over at Nate and grin at him while we wait for our turn to walk down the aisle. When it's finally our turn, Nate meets me at the center of the altar and holds out his arm for me. I wrap my hand around his bicep and proudly walk by his side down the aisle. He kisses my forehead and I can swear I hear women swooning in the crowd and I don't blame them. Not one bit. Nate is the most swoon-worthy man of all and I'm so grateful he's mine and mine alone.