Chapter 40

Nate proposed to me in Vegas right after he made love to me and no, I'm not kidding. He proposed to me in bed while we both lay their sweaty messes in our birthday suits, but I wouldn't change anything about that moment. Even if we were breathless and tired after making love for the first time. It could not have been more perfect.

That same day we went out and shopped for our rings because Nate was not prepared and I mean how could he be when we were broken up leading up to that day. But that day as a whole proved to us that our love could conquer anything, and to us, that was all we needed to know that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, so we went out, bought some rings and did what two crazy people in love do in Vegas, we got married and I still remember it like it was just yesterday.

"Alexa, will you marry me?" Nate asks me as we're coming down from the high of making love and I just stare at him like a deer caught in headlights. "Too soon?" he asks with a nervous chuckle.

"You're serious?"

"I've never been more serious in my life."

"Can you ask me again? I was not ready for that," I admit embarrassed and he laughs.

"Alexa, will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?"

"Yes! A thousand times yes!" I respond and kiss him so hard, I wouldn't be surprised if I bruised his poor lips.

"I don't have an engagement ring on me but later after we've made it out of bed and gotten something to eat, I'll take you ring shopping."

"I can't wait," I tell him and bite his chin.

"We're never going to leave this bed and will live off room service if you keep that up," he mumbles against my cheek as he kisses me.

"That's fine by me," I tell him and arch my hips into his, making him groan.

"Alexa, you minx." He lowers his weight on top of me and turns us over so he's on his back and I'm straddling his thick thighs.

"What?" I say coyly.

"Don't 'what' me. You know exactly what you're doing."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do. Now stop teasing me. I only have so much restraint and don't want to hurt you."

"You won't hurt me."

"Alexa-" he starts and I cut him off.

"You won't. I'm okay," I assure him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"If it hurts, tell me and I'll stop," he says and I nod. He flips me onto my back and crawls down the bed, toward my thighs. I sit up on my elbows and watch him kiss his way from my hips to my thighs and know in that moment he's going to make me feel good in a different way and I cannot wait.

It's not until much, much later that we finally get out of bed and take a shower together.

"I'm gonna need to borrow some clothes again," I tell him as he finishes drying me off. "Well, at least your hoodie so I don't have to walk over to my room naked."

"As much as I would love to see you walk around naked all day, we can't have that. No one gets to see you naked but me," he says going all caveman on me.

"I know, babe. I wouldn't have it any other way." I press my naked body to his and kiss the spot where his heart beats for me.

"Time for another round," he says, pulling our bodies impossibly closer.