Chapter 17

After days of mulling it over, I decide to attend Gracie's get together. I do it, knowing it's the right choice, although it was not the easiest one because Nate was persistent to the very end. He tried so hard to persuade me not to go and I have to admit he can be very persuasive when he wants, but I compromised with him and agreed to hang out with him after Gracie's small get together was over. He liked the idea and promised he would show me a fun time whatever that means.

I honestly have no idea what he has in mind but I doubt cooking shirtless is on the table even if he did tease me about it. I'm just glad I'm finally going to be able to hang out with him after a busy week at work that kept me occupied during the times he wasn't working on photo shoots. It sucks big time that our schedules managed to keep us away from each other this week, but that's all the more reason for us to look forward to seeing each other later today.

He sent me a text me in the morning telling me he's really looking forward to seeing me today and he has no idea just how bad I want to see him too, but duty calls and our reunion will have to wait until later. Until then, I need to just focus on my outfit, which I have already checked at least ten times in the mirror, but I want to make sure it's perfect. For one reason and one reason alone, Nate. I want to impress the man after not seeing him for what feels like forever and I just hope that my outfit does the trick.

I made the bold choice to wear my new black faux leather skirt that is pleated and falls two inches above my knees. It's shorter than I am used to, but I am not too worried about the length, much less chafing because I have my black Spanx on underneath my skirt. The skirt itself makes me feel sexy, which is something I have never felt before and I mean never, so I am loving it.

I paired the skirt with my red long sleeve crop top, which has been sitting untouched in my closet for far too long. I bought it a few months ago but never dared to wear it, because I felt super self-conscious showing any skin that isn't considered "normal." It also doesn't help that it's considered "taboo" for plus-sized women to wear crop tops, so I just put it at the back of my closet the day I brought it home and never touched it again, but Mia convinced me to try it on despite my reluctance.

I was honestly scared to try it on at first but as soon as I put it on and saw it on myself, I realized it didn't look bad like I thought it would. Yes, it showed a good inch or two of my stomach and it exposed my faded stretch marks a bit, but I also realized none of that matters. My outfit isn't hurting anyone in any way, and it not only looks good on me but it also makes me feel good about myself. Not many clothes do that, so for once I refuse to worry about what others will think because it doesn't matter. It only matters what I think and how I feel in it, and I feel damn good wearing my crop top.

Mia gave me a big nod of approval when she saw me and helped me pick out the perfect shoes for my outfit. She went through everything I own and picked out a pair of black faux leather knee-high boots. I like the boots she picked because they give me a three-inch boost, and they are also so comfortable to wear out. Although, what I love most about them is that they pair perfectly with my skirt.

I accessorized my look with a black choker and small earrings to keep from drawing attention away from my outfit. Although, what really brought it all together was my smoldering smoky eyes and bright red lips. They are the perfect finishing touch and I know it, but I can't help but feel nervous anyways. I have no idea how Nate is going to react when he sees me. I hope I can wow him but he can easily overlook all my effort and that is what worries me most.

I take a deep breath and am relieved when my phone rings because it gives me a reason to not fret over my outfit. I check to see who's calling when Gracie's picture pops up on the screen. I answer her call with a swipe of my finger. I am greeted by blaring music and have to pull the phone away from my ear before slowly putting it back to make sure it's safe to listen.