Chapter 11

Nate helps me out of the back of Gracie's car and pulls me to his side while we wait for Gracie to lock up her car. "This is so exciting!" Gracie tells me as she grabs my hand and yanks me away from Nate's side. I look back and see that he is grinning from ear to ear. At least he's amused by all this. I turn back forward and fall into step with Gracie as she leads me towards a big dress store. Nate follows behind us but doesn't say a thing. "I'm so glad you agreed to be my bridesmaid," she tells me and I smile.

"Me too," I respond honestly as we make our way inside the store. "Do you know what color you want your bridesmaids to wear?" I ask her, getting into my work mindset.

"I was thinking a mint color."

"I love it."

"Really?"

"Yes, mint is a gorgeous color for bridesmaid dresses."

"That's a relief to hear."

"Are there any other colors you had in mind?"

"No, just mint and probably white."

"That sounds perfect."

"Let's find your dress," she says excitedly.

"My dress?" I ask confused. I thought we were looking for the dress that all the bridesmaids were going to wear but apparently, that's not the case.

"Yeah, your dress."

"I'm confused," I admit honestly.

"I'm going against tradition," she explains.

"What do you mean?"

"Each one of my bridesmaids is going to wear a different dress. You're all going to wear the same color but each dress will be unique."

"Really? That's definitely not traditional but I like the sound of that."

"Yeah, I just want each of my bridesmaids to be their own individual rather than clones of each other."

"I love that because dresses don't always flatter all body types."

"True but it's not just that. I want all my bridesmaids to feel beautiful on my wedding day, which is why I decided that all my bridesmaids will wear a dress that not only suits them but makes them feel beautiful."

"That's really sweet of you," I admit. Brides-to-be tend to only think about themselves when it comes to their wedding day but not Gracie. She's keeping everyone in mind and is doing everything to make everyone happy on her wedding day.

"I just want my bridesmaids to be as happy as I'm going to be on my wedding day."

"You're like the most thoughtful bride-to-be I've ever met," I tell her and give her a side hug.

"Awe shucks. You're going to make me blush," she responds with an embarrassed smile just as a female employee approaches us.

"Hi. How can I help you ladies and gentleman?" the female employee adds at the end for Nate's sake.

"We're actually looking for mint colored dresses for my bridesmaid," Gracie informs her and she nods her head.

"Is there any style you're looking for in particular?" she asks and Gracie immediately looks at me.

"I want something strapless," I tell the employee.

"That shouldn't be too hard to find. Come with me," she tells us and we follow her to a large dress rack that is full of strapless dresses. "Some of our dresses come in other colors besides the one that you see on the rack, so if you see one you like just let me know so I can find out if it also comes in mint."