Epilogue

I hear the shutter go off and change my pose as the most handsome photographer captures me from behind the lens of his camera.

"Almost done," Nate says to me.

"Good because I'm starving," I respond in between posing for him in nothing but the bikini I bought especially for our one year wedding anniversary trip.

Nate insisted I don't wear anything seeing as we have a house with a private beach all to ourselves but of course I couldn't make it that easy for him so instead I opted for the cutest two-piece bikini set that consists of a halter top and high waisted bikini bottoms. The top and bottom are covered in royal blue tropical leaves and yellow and coral colored flowers that are set against a black background that reminds me of the night sky with its cute small white polka dots. It sounds like an odd combination but it's surprisingly pretty when put together. Nate proposed we take pictures as soon as he saw me in my bikini and we've been on the beach ever since.

"I won't be much longer. Promise," he assures me but little does he know I'm not hungry for food. I'm hungry for him.

I stare into the lens and resist the urge to pinch myself because even one year later, it's still hard to believe I'm married to the wonderful man standing behind the camera. It's been one incredible year since the day Nate made me Mrs. Carter and it still is one of the craziest and most amazing days of my life and I would not change it for anything in the world because it brought me to this point in time where I'm happier and healthier than I've ever been. Most would deem me unhealthy because I'm plus-sized but I don't care. I have a clean bill of health and finally love who I see in the mirror and at the end of the day, that's all that matters. What people think or don't think of me is not my problem. It never should have been but it took me a long time to realize that. If it wasn't for Nate, I may never have learned that much less learned to love myself the way I do today.

Nate came into my life when I needed him most. I may not have realized it then but I do now. Little did I know that my annoying new neighbor would become the love of my life, but here we are, more in love than ever and I have to say, life is so much better with him in it.

"Lift your chin for me just a little," Nate instructs me and I do as he says, loving that he allows me to see this side of him that is so professional and sexy. When the shutter goes off, I turn my face to the side and lift my arms in the air, grabbing my right wrist with my left hand. "Perfect. Hold it. Hold it." He snaps the picture and I change my pose just a little and watch him closely as he captures picture after picture.

Nate has taken hundreds, if not thousands of pictures of me since the day we got married and he never tires of it. He tells me I'm his one and only muse and that he loves capturing me on camera, and I don't doubt it in the least bit. The walls of our home are proof of just how much he loves taking pictures of me. They're literally covered in pictures of me now and every single one of them has been taken by him.

In the past, I would have opposed having them displayed on the wall but not anymore. I love seeing the way he sees me through his lens. It's beautiful and mesmerizing and I love every picture he takes of me. Even the ones where I have no lick of makeup on. He captures me in a way that I feel stunning no matter how much or how little I'm wearing and I never felt that. Not until I met him.

I'm truly one lucky girl to have such an amazing and supportive husband like Nate and love him more than ever. Who knew that was possible? I thought my heart only had so much love to give but every day I learn to love him more and more, and we are even more madly in love than yesterday and the day before that. And the day before that.

We are downright crazy for each other and can hardly keep our hands off one another, which is why I'm so grateful for this weekend getaway. Here we don't have to hold back at all. Well, except for right now because we're in the middle of a photoshoot, but it's proving to be hard not to try and make a move on my hot husband who is so sexy when he's in his element. All I want to do is to kiss him and for him to make me his again. But I've been waiting, not so patiently for the perfect moment to make my move and that moment has finally arrived, and I cannot wait, because I need Nate like I need air and water.