Chapter 19

Nate and I confessed our love to each other one week ago, yet it feels like it was just yesterday.

Time really flies when you're happy and I'm so happy it scares me sometimes. This is all so new to me and it just feels too good to be true. I feel like at any moment, life is going to slap me in the face and ruin what happiness I have but as much as that thought alone scares me, I refuse to let the fear of the unknown hold me back. If I do, I will never experience life how I should and that's why I let Nate sweep me off my feet and I'm so glad I did.

I have only seen Nate a handful of times since we confessed our love to each other during stolen moments when we're both free and off work. It's not enough though. It never is. I miss him like crazy every minute of every day. It probably sounds crazy but I'm crazy for him.

I miss him so much, I was actually tempted to ask him to just sleepover so I could at least see him at night, but I knew better than that. It would be too tempting to have him in my bed so I sucked it up and accepted that all I had with him was those stolen moments and two days. Two days we will not waste one second of.

Today I am up bright and early because Nate and I are going on a date. I have no idea where he's taking me, but no matter where we go, I will be happy just as long as I get to spend the day with him. He told me to dress casual and comfy when we talked over the phone last night, so I decided to go with a pair of black jeans and a white V-neck, but I feel like it's too plain. It needs a pop of color. I look through my closet and find the perfect thing, my long-sleeved red and black plaid shirt. I grab it from my closet and tie it around my waist. I put on red chucks and black rose-shaped earrings to complete my outfit and turn in front of the mirror, feeling happy with the way my body looks in my clothes.

This feeling...it's new to me. I used to hate how I looked in my clothes, and now I love how my clothes fit me. The crazy thing is, I haven't lost any weight or exercised to tone my body, I just feel good in my own skin and that's a major change for me. One that I never expected to happen, but it has, and it all started when Nate wedged his way into my heart without me even realizing it.

I never really gave it any thought until now but Nate has really helped me see myself differently.

I brush my hair that is still slightly damp from my shower and let it finish air-drying while I work on my makeup. I decide to keep my makeup simple just like my outfit and add a light shimmery eyeshadow to my eyelids that is subtle but pretty. I finish off my eyes with some eyeliner and mascara and wrap up my whole look with some light pink lipgloss. It's just what I need to complete my look.

I smile at my reflection and nearly jump out of my skin when I hear someone say, "you look beautiful." I turn towards the door and see Nate leaning on the doorframe with a grin etched on his lips. He's clearly amused by my reaction.

"How did you get in here?" I ask, feeling slightly annoyed with him for sneaking up on me.

"Your front door was unlocked," he states matter of factly.

"Oh," I respond, feeling stupid. Of course, it was unlocked. How else would he get in here?

"Am I going to have to start calling you every night to make sure you lock it?"

"No, I left it open for you," I lie and he sees right through my lie.

"Sure you did."

"Okay, you caught me. I forgot to lock it when I went outside in the morning," I admit. "I missed you," I add, trying to making him forget all about my door.

"I missed you more," he responds.

He closes the distance between us and slides his fingers in my hair before pressing a gentle kiss to my lips. I sigh into his lips, relieved that I can finally kiss him again. He starts to pull away from me, but I am not having it. I bite his bottom lip and pull it with my teeth, eliciting a groan from him. I look into his electric blue eyes and see pure lust reflected in them. I am playing with fire and right now, I'm not afraid to get burned.