Chapter Two - Then Part 2

Months went by as Rose Bass slowly healed, she had to have several surgeries to repair some of the damage

Months went by as Rose Bass slowly healed, she had to have several surgeries to repair some of the damage. She was constantly visited by her friends and family. Her swelling had finally gone down that the doctors felt ready to try to bring her out of the coma. She wasn't ready the first time but the second try she was responding well. Slowly she started to rouse and then her eyes opened.

Bart was away on business when he called his son to inform him that Rose was awake. Chuck ditched school and made his way to the hospital.

"Rosie." Chuck breathed seeing his sister. She gave a weak smile, she was still in state but her casts had been removed

"Chuck!" she croaked. he took her side and her hand.

"I thought I lost you."

"Bitch please, I'm invincible, who else is gonna tolerate you." she joked meekly "Where's Dad?"

"On his way back from business." she hummed just as a doctor came in.

"Miss Bass, Mr Bass." he greeted the two teenagers.

"Doctor how is she doing?" Chuck questioned. The doctor sighed

"I really only should be telling your father but, i will say this. You're responding well to treatment, you will have a long road ahead with physical therapy. You won't be completely back to normal, but you're lucky you're not in a wheelchair and I mean miracle, lucky. Someone must be watching out for you up there." He checked her over before leaving.

--------

Bart arrived, Rose had fallen back asleep after a conversation with her brother.

"I've spoken to the doctor." Chuck nodded and stood.

"Rose has requested that upon physical therapy, she also has help for her mental state as well. She is admitting that she has a problem with substances." Bart nodded

"Naturally. Once she is settled out of this hospital she will also have a private tutor and a custodian." The glanced at the young girl.

--------

Not long after waking she was realised into private care. Rose began here Physical therapy and mental therapy as well as lessons. She progressed well in a short amount of time. Bart stood with her companion Arissa.

"She is doing well, on shear determination alone. Her tutor did have some concerns with her memory but that seems to have been a temporary thing, though some bits are patchy. Here therapists are proud with her willingness and progression." Bart nodded as he looked Rose turned her head and saw her father and Arissa watching, she gave them a small wave.

"She also requested to have a discussion with you regarding her future, when you have the time of course." he hummed and opened the glass door to the room his daughter was sitting in. Both tutor and student stopped and turned their attention to him.