Chapter Thirty Two - SATs

I was reading, waiting to catch the subway when Dan made me jump

"Do you know what's going on with Serena and Chuck?" Son of a bitch my heartbeat

"Jesus wept. Don't do that." I grumble then sigh "No why?"

"Something is going on and I thought you might know." I shook my head only partly lying.

"Sorry, they've kept me out of the loop for obvious reasons and I'm giving Serena a wide birth. I have other things to be concentrating on." holding up the SATs book.

"Okay, I was just wondering." We got to school and Dan saw my brother and went to talk to him. I went inside and met up with Nate.

"Hey are you still up for a last minute cram session with me tonight?" I question him

"Of course. Your not working after school?" he wondered, making me shake my head.

"No, so I was thinking we could get something to eat then burn the midnight oil. I really need to pass." I suggested. I really needed to pass this test so I could continue on rebuilding my life and having some normalcy.

"Don't worry, you've got this." He draped his arm around me

"You are amazing Nate Archibald."

--------

School went by fast, and after going to see his Dad, Nate came over. I had asked Arissa to leave us be so that I could fully be prepared and not have her freaking me out. She reluctantly agreed. So it was just the two of us, I was petting moon when he came around. I had already bought pizza, it was waiting for us to eat. I put Moon down and he went to curl up in his basket

"This is good." he hummed in shock

"I know, right. Okay I did a mock paper, while I was waiting and I'm so close. There are just a few things I'm struggling with still." I say.

"What's that." I showed him my most recent test.

"This I can work with, in one night." We finished our food and got to work. Then he tested me again.

"And time." I handed it to him and he marked it

"NYU here we come."

"I did it?" I clasped my hands together

"You did it." I squealed and jumped to hug him, he spun me around. Our laughter died down and neither of us broke apart. He leant in the short distance and placed his lips on mine. Just like the first time I couldn't and wouldn't pull away. I kissed back and it got more heated.

----------

The next morning I woke up, next to Nate, we hadn't gone that far but he stayed over. I knew I should feel terrible about kissing my best friends ex again but I couldn't care less. The girl code and been shredded and between friends it was a as you please. I got up and saw that I needed to get ready for the day. I showered and dressed then dried my hair, that's when Nate finally woke up.