Chapter Twenty One - Cotillion

I was in my hotel room when there was a knock at the door

I was in my hotel room when there was a knock at the door. I opened it and Dan was there, he looked tense like something had gone down.

"Wow, you look amazing." he commented

"And you look like the world is ending, what's the matter?" I stood aside and he came in.

"I just spoke to Serena. I turns out that CeCe wasn't ready to admit defeat and tried to buy us off." he tells me, scratching his head.

"What?"

"Apparently she wanted to pay my Dad into convincing me to break up with her and not escort you. Even mentioned speaking with your Dad."

"CeCe spoke with my father." i picked up my phone, I was now pissed because this woman had no fucking right, to go over my head in something that wasn't her fucking business.

"Relax, I don't think you father took her seriously." he stopped me from calling him, making my fold my rom in annoyance.

"What makes you so sure?"

"He would have done or said something by now or sooner. He knows we're friends right?" I nodded "See, Bart Bass maybe a titan and from what I hear he has no problem making himself heard when it comes to your wellbeing or Chucks for that matter though that is debatable. Anyway, my Dad refused told me and I told Serena who didn't take it so well."

"Oh Dan." he looked down at his watch

"Come on we better be going." He held out his arm I took it and we left.

-------

I stood behind Kati, Blair and Serena. I smiled at our photo's being taken.

"If you don't pull it together, I'm gonna go Naomi Campbell on you." Blair threatened one of the volunteers.

"Blair relax or you're gonna be in the ER." I say to her

"Maybe Jenny Can help you." Serena smiled as the young blonde stopped in front of us.

"No, I'm fine thank you." Blair retorts

"Serena. Ms Ehrlich needs to know how to pronounce that word in your statement." Jenny hands her the card "I assume it's a family name."