Chapter Sixteen - Some kind of Normalcy

-Rose-

-Rose-

I was packing up my things getting ready to leave the hospital when there was knock on my door.

"Dad. Hi, I'm nearly finished." I tell him packing away the last of my things from my small stint in this place.

"Sweetheart, there is someone I would like to introduce to you. This is Alexandra." he stepped aside "She will be your sober companion for the next six weeks while Arissa is on leave."

"Nice to meet you, sorry about all of this." I greeted

"No it's fine." she smiled

"Well I will join you later. I've already made your apologies to the school Serena and Blair will give you your missed work." Dad informed me

"Can you have Chuck or Dan bring them over instead. I'd rather not see them right now." I asked. I wanted to avoid them like the plague while I tried to regain some kind of normalcy.

"Of course, I will leave you ladies too it." he departed.

"oh, let me help you with them?" she grabbed some of my get well gifts. I chuckled at how much there was

"Thanks." i stopped

"Everything okay?"

"It's them, they give me gift like I'm a good person. I'm a screw up." she put the gifts down.

"Rose, your father has briefed me on your history, but one thing I know for certain that your human, you make mistakes. But your not a screw up, you relapsed and it happens. You were lost and you had fell back into a old habit. But you got back up. Here and now you admit it was a mistake and you've already committed to working even harder not to do it again. Let's get you home." Alexandra gave me a comforting smile.

-A Week Later-

I was back at work and school. Back to staying on the sober path. Gossip girl had briefly mentioned me apparently a lot of 'tip' had been sent in. and while it was a delicious scandal and she would love to dish about it. She wouldn't because kicking a girl while she's down was not her style.

"Vanessa." i greeted, she had gotten a job at the same coffee shop as me.

"Hey, How are you doing?"

"Better now that I'm returning to some sort of normalcy." I handed her an apron. "Chanel my energy in something productive."

"God I hate people in love." Samara commented to us as we fixed our aprons around us. We glanced to who she was talking about.

"Wow." I say seeing Dan and Serena playing tonsil hockey. One who I really wanted to avoid right now, but nothing last forever in my world, half of the time.

"Awkward." Vanessa added. I turned my attention to her

"Huh, we finally have something in common. Go us. Not it though." I say gesturing back to the two

"Vanessa, Rosie." Dan had caught sight of us. Oh shit.

"Serena." Serena says.

"No, Vanessa and Rosie are here." he pointed to us. Serena turned around we gave an awkward wave.

"I am going to do stock check they're all yours." I tapped her shoulder and walked into the store room. Once I finished I came out.

"Thanks for ditching me back there." Vanessa huffed

"Your welcome I thought it was good bonding moment." I smiled sarcastically. She rolled her eyes.

"Is it weird that I thought something was going on between the two of you."  She wondered, I let out a little laugh

"Uh yeah. We are talking about the same Dan here, yay high, good sort and has a thing for a certain blonde that not even your doe eyes can't break. Why would you ever think he would go for me." she scoffs

"Seriously, ever since I got back I hear more about you than Serena. And I do have to admit while i didn't get it. I kind of do now. Your human." I think that was her attempt to compliment on how i wasn't what she thought.

"We all are."

"Most of your fellow socialites are the demon incarnate who we used to love trash talking. You're just like the rest of us." she was sincere

"I can't tell whether I should be insulted." I looked back over they were making out again.

"It's a shame no one's here apart form them." I comment smirking at her

"Why?"

"My deviousness wouldn't show.and i might ignore them. Hey Dan. Daniel." they broke off

"Rosie." he cleared his throat after breaking away

"Sorry to break up tonsil hockey but I need you to settle something between Vanessa and I." he sighs and I glance back smiling at Vanessa.

"Sure."

"Am I really a demon." his eyebrows furrowed as Vanessa snorted.

"What?" I kicked her leg and gestured for her to continue.

"Well it's just we used to make fun of people like her, but she thinks she isn't I'm inclined to disagree." Vanessa played along with my little game.

"No, your not a demon, Rosie. Vanessa, please be nice." I turned around.

"Look at her face, she's not happy." I mutter I see her glance away from Dan "We interrupted their little love fest aww." I pout.

"So what's the deal with you and her?"

"We have a rocky friendship, right now it's on the rocks and well she is very easy to windup. I mean the two of us here, breaking up tonsil hockey, it's putting my dark side to amusing use." I snort shaking my head.