Chapter Thirty One - Who?

-Rose-

-Rose-

"Arissa, I'm fine, just relax. I'm here where you can see me and I'm just studying." I groaned. I was trying to study for the SATs but not that I was seemingly okay from my seizure. Arissa was mother hen-ning me.

"I'm just concerned."

"Which is why, I will probably never have a moment alone for the foreseeable future. Someone will always be with me and if Chuck and Dad are to go anything by they've probably sent a info packet to my friends and teachers. All I want do is make sure I'm prepared for my SATs. So please try to make it less obvious that you think I'm gonna break again and let me concentrate. I need to do this mock test before school." She sighed and let me continue. I set the timer and began. When I finished the test and I let Arissa mark it. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in Dan." he entered. Serena had told Dan part of what happened, like her and Chuck, me defending Chuck and then me crumpling to the floor. He skipped pissed and went straight to worried. I had such a good friend.

"Hey, you ready?" he asked

"One minute." I looked at Arissa. who finished marking.

"Nowhere near" I groaned.

"Fine, more studying, let's go." We left for school and as we sat on the subway we didn't talk but studied.

"ugh my brain hurts." I pout.

"Well someday it will be worth it. Come on." We went into school and I met up with Nate.

"Hey, Nate." I gave him a bear hug "Nate you're the best hugger, how did you become so great at hugs?" he chuckled

"SATs?" He questioned wrapping an arm around me and talking to Dan

"Yeah, yeah and Soccer?" Dan replied "Why not give the old ball a kick. Season's just around the corner in October. No, No I have to stop doing that, just focus on myself and my test and my prep." he ranted "What other people do and don't do is about them."

"Not a good tester is he?" Nate joked

"Bye Dan." I wave and head inside with Nate. He was walking me to my locker when Chuck stopped us.

"I need to talk to my sister, alone." he insisted with a concerning and serious stare.

"Sure." he left and Chuck pulled me to one side.

"Georgina, was the one behind those gifts to Serena." I scowled.

"Georgina? who's Georgina?" he went a little paler than usual and held my face in his hands

"Rose, tell me your not joking."

"Chuck, you're scaring me. Who's Georgina?" He let go and took out his phone.

"Stay there." I nodded and he made a phone call. He paced back and forth and nodded at intervals.

"Okay, Father is going to talk to Dr Bell" he told me rubbing his chin anxiously

"Why?" I question still not getting why he was flapping around like a turkey running from the slaughter.

"Because of Georgina, you don't seem to remember who she is. I've spoken with father and he's sorting it out. But you need to be careful Rose, she is bad news. You stay with those you know okay. She's in Switzerland but she can pop up anywhere." he warned me and if she was making him this anxious then I would take it seriously.

"Okay." I agree

"If you get any strange phone calls you tell me immediately. She seems to be focusing on Serena right now so that's something. No one else can know what's going on, not yet. Promise me." he held my arms.

"I promise. I do."

"Come on." he took me to my locker and then to class. I was shaken for the rest of the morning.

--------

I was working with Vanessa today. During my break I took the time to cram more in for my SATs. The door opened and I felt and arm wrap around me and kiss me on the head.

"Hey."

"Hi, Nate. Vanessa, have you met Nate?" I beam up at him

"Yeah, he makes a brief yet crucial appearance in my video project." she pointed to her laptop.

"Oh that's right, you were following Dan around." he replied

"Hey Nate, what are you doing here? I mean I know the coffee's good and Rosie's here." Dan came over

"Since I've taken every SAT prep and review class in the five boroughs I figured why not play it forward." he answered taken out a bunch of books

"So you don't need these?" Dan questioned looking at them

"I've actually already taken it. My parents don't want me in USC so I had to make sure my scores were good enough to get in without help. Which thanks to these books they were, so I'm done." he answered

"While we love hearing about the struggles of the ideal rich. Dan's got a fine tutor right here. I ace every practice test I take. We don't need your hand me downs."

" Vanessa, that's mean. Nate,Can you tutor me, after work. I'm struggling." I pleaded, I was sure to be screwed if I didn't take an opportunity.

"Sure."

"Actually these look really good." Dan added

"Is there a reason you insist on looking so desperate and needy." Vanessa retorts, I shook my head in amusement.

"She's been like this since we were kids. Venomous without provocation." Dan explains

"Better than being a charity case."

"And rude to."

"I see that. I'm used to it with this one. Isn't that right, viper." He jokes wrapping his arms around me. I roll my eyes.

"You haven't called me that in years." I comment making him chuckle.

"I Will see you later."

"Thanks again." he left and Dan sat down with us.

"Why do you take the practice tests if you aren't taking the exam?" I wonder

"To help Dan study. I'm a film maker, the best education for me is making films." I hummed

"I have never met anyone who felt like college was optional."

"My parents are artists, my sister is a musician. Just like going to a Ivy school is your family tradition not going to college is mine." she continued

"I'm not planning to going to an Ivy." I shrug nonchalantly

"Yeah, she's applying to NYU." Dan chimed in. Vanessa was slightly shocked

"Wow, you keep surprising me."

"Thanks, but I think you should sit it, if you have a change of heart then you have that behind you and there are some great programs that will help hone your skill." I suggest going back to gym studying while I the place was chill.