Chapter Thirty Four - In Danger

This just in Asher Hornsby spotted locking lips before class, but not with his girlfriend

This just in Asher Hornsby spotted locking lips before class, but not with his girlfriend. Looks like Gentleman don't prefer blondes, Little J. They prefer Gentleman. Is this just another round of blanks fired between B and Little J. I'm tired of being the barer of bad grudges. This is the last item that goes to press without proof.

Oh no. Dan. Really, Really bad idea. I went to find him and saw him coming back in from the courtyard.

"I know we said she only listens to the four G's but seriously?" I asked

"I didn't know what else to do, my sister feels like she is slipping away. Besides it's true." he replied as I took his arm and we walked down the corridor.

"It's true, what happened and when?" I pressed for the details.

"This morning, Serena suggested I actually try to get to know the guy. So I went to find him and I saw him kissing another guy."

"Do you know who?"

" No. I saw him coming my way and dodged him but when I went to look the other guy has gone. I'm just trying to protect my sister, Rosie." he breathed running his hands through his hair.

"I know. Look I have an extra shift tonight, You're gonna be there anyway so we'll brainstorm a save Jenny plan with Vanessa and Sarah." I offer making his eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Wait I thought you had a date?"

"Plans change, life of a woman." I sigh

-----------

After school I went home and changed then did some homework before my shift. There was a knock on my door, Arissa answered

"Oh Hello, Dan. Come in." He did, I put my pen down and he sat across from me.

"She's been in on it the whole time?" he blurted out with no hello or small talk.

"Huh?"

"Asher, have you seen the new blast?" I grabbed my phone and looked at it. I groaned and put it down.

"They didn't it's fake news, she knew about him and their using each other. And why don't you seemed surprised?" he inquired

"Because there is a standard to the upper east side, for up and coming girls like Jenny, the need to make a name for herself is strong. Image is everything. They way you walk, talk, act, dress, who you date the list feels endless. The pressure is even more on because she's trying to change her image from the scholarship Brooklyn girl to Little J the new power to be." I explained, going through that phase seems like a lifetime ago. It was just a hope that she didn't spiral like I had.

"So how do we stop it." I bit my lip "Rosie!"

"She's needs a reality shock, a fall from grace. Something so devastating it breaks the spell. Or and epic movie love that she wants to change her ways and be a better person." I told him.