Chapter Fifteen - Back Track

I walked out of school and saw my Father waiting for me

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I question with a small smile, he rarely ever visited me at school, unless I was in trouble and maybe not even then either way him being here was weird.

"Can't I visit my daughter?" he replied questionably folding his arms

"You can but either I'm in trouble, or you're paranoid. And I have been on my best behaviour. Well as best for a Bass." I shrug in response

"We need to talk." he held out his arm for me to take which i did and he took me to the park.

"You haven't brought me here since i was a kid." I leaned my head on his shoulder we found a benched sat down

"Yes you broke your arm trying to climb the railings." he pointed over, making me chuckle.

"It was one of the are days you gave the Nanny a day off. And you know me I'm a natural danger mouse. What the problem." he chuckled

"Your brother gave me a proposal for a business adventure." he began and I nodded, Chuck had told me about the club he wanted to run

"Victorla, he told me."

"Another reason for him to be around booze and women." he sighed. I shake my head, he and Chuck rarely saw eye to eye. And Dad had high expectations especially for him.

"Father, I know the three of us don't have the normal father children relationship but this means a lot to him." I stated "Yes it's encouraging two things you don't like that he does but he's very passionate about it. He is actually showing some initiative which is a thing to be celebrated in itself." he chuckled and my joke.

"This maybe the start of him growing up and becoming the Bass you so wish. Just not on the path you thought." I suggested

"When did you become so wise?"

"A while ago."

"There was something else i wished to speak with you about." he cleared his throat "I've been seeing someone."

"You see many people Dad." I retort, this was nothing new. He wasn't as bad as Chuck but he has dated and seen many people over the years.

"No this is serious."

"You care for her." I muttered, realising his look that he rarely showed mainly it was to me when I was in some sort of trouble "Who is she?"

"Lily Van Der Woodsen." WTF

"Serena's Mom! Really Dad? As much as I like her she's goes through men like Serena goes through clothes."  I protest.

"Rosalie."

"I have to go. I don't want to be late for work." I walked off, un freaking real. He decided to get serious with a serial wife.

----------