~New Years-Kylo Ren~

A/N- short, fluffy one-shot to bring in New Years Eve

Canto Bight was a city of light and life. Raging parties all year round, drunken groups of gamblers and tourists, and the endless symphony of fireworks on the sky. However, on one night of the year, came the biggest party of them all. All across the galaxy, people and creatures alike would celebrate the reeling in of the next standard year.

You had been celebrating this little holiday with your family for as long as you could remember. But now? Now everything was different. You had someone else. Someone in the form of the supreme leader. You weren't sure you had been meant to fall in love with Kylo Ren, but it happened and it was the most beautiful experience of your life.

The two of you balanced each other out. He had helped you break out of your shell by giving you a place in the First Order. You had done something for him that he had never expected; you had given him real love. Everyone that he ever loved had left him, but not you. You were always with him, no matter what happened; giving him reassurance and comfort. The emotions that he had been forced to suppress were no longer hidden beneath this hard shell of a man. He gave you his heart and you were going to do everything in your power to cherish it.

That was why you had been rather surprised when he had suggested a trip to Canto Bight to bring in the new year. He wasn't big on celebrating or travel, especially since his overflowing schedule prevented it. You were just happy to be spending time with him; it didn't matter where or how as long as he was there.

You still couldn't believe where your life was. How you had gone from a nobody from Coruscant, to the supreme leader's lover. Now you were getting ready in the bathroom of one of the finest hotels in the galaxy, with the man you adored patiently waiting on the other side. You beam at the mirror, finally satisfied with your reflection. A tight dress of garnet was now hugging your body in all of the right places. It was accented by a pair of black heels, your hair styled down, and a sparkling diamond necklace from Kylo.

Taking a deep breath, you tug open the door and grin up at the waiting man. Kylo bites his lip as he looks you up and down, trying his best to conceal the smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. To your surprise, he was wearing a sharp suit. He never liked to wear anything outside of his regular robes or lounge clothes, so this was certainly a first. It really did suit him, though.

"My, don't you look handsome." You tease as you reach up to wrap your arms around his neck.

A pink tinge briefly burns at his cheeks. Kylo was not the type to take compliments very well. He had never really received them and when you started giving them to him, he didn't know what to do. It was cute how shy he could get. "Only for you. You look... beautiful."

You smile and pull him down, pressing a long kiss to his plump lips. "What time is it?"

"We have a little while before midnight." Kylo takes your hand and gently tugs you towards the balcony. "Instead of going to one of those parties, we should have dinner instead."

A soft gasp of surprise escapes your painted lips at the sight of the balcony. The elegant golden railing had been decorated with strings of warm light. A table had been set out in the center of the space. It was adorned in a white tablecloth, covered with the finest of silverware. A single rose flanked by two candles sat in the very center of the table, and it was surrounded by dishes giving off a mouthwatering aroma. It was very romantic and classy, much like the side of Kylo that only you got to see.

"Do you like it?" Kylo asks rather hesitantly.

You squeeze his hand reassuringly. "It's perfect. Thank you." You plant a kiss on his soft cheek, running your thumb along his scar as he forces back his smile again.

Kylo guides you towards the table and releases your hand just to pull your chair out. You tease him about being a gentleman as he takes his seat right across from you. Sometimes it was still so strange to see Kylo so domestic. He could go from leading armies and empires to dinner dates and cuddling, just by looking at you. You saw the sides no one else would ever see and you adored that just as much as you did him.

"Are you happy, my love?" Kylo's honey-brown eyes glimmer in the candlelight. He looked concerned.

You had been spacing out again without realizing. To ease his worries, you give him a small smile. "Of course I am. I'm always happy when I'm with you."

He reaches across the table to rest his hand atop yours. His thumb brushes across your knuckles gently. "I want to give you the galaxy."

"You already did."

Kylo shakes his head, letting out a soft laugh. "When did you make me so soft? What would my people say if they saw their supreme leader speaking in such a way?"

You tilt your head playfully. "It would be quite a scandal."

"I agree." Kylo rises from the chair and reaches for the champagne bottle. The cork pops beneath his strong hands, allowing him to pour the fizzy drink into both tall crystal glasses. He hands one glass to you and raises his in the air. "To us. To eternity."

You follow suit, standing and raising your drink. The glasses clink together softly. "To us."

Kylo wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you close. He presses a kiss to your forehead. "You've been a blessing to me. I hope you know how much you've done." He takes a breath. "This is my first time celebrating the start of a new year."

Brow furrowing, you frown slightly. "Why?"

"I suppose I've never... had anything to celebrate or look forward to. Now I have you." Kylo gazes down at you lovingly. "You're so beautiful."

You open your mouth to reply, but you are cut off by a distant round of cheering and screams ringing through the streets of Canto Bight. The first few fireworks begin to burst into the starry night sky. Both of you laugh as the festivities below put a brief halt on your romantic evening.

"Even they agree." He jokes lightly. Kylo chews the inside of his cheek thoughtfully. Or rather, nervously. "I've been wanting to ask you for a long time, but I haven't had the chance. Would you be my empress? Rule the galaxy by my side?"

Time was momentarily freezing up. You hadn't exactly been expecting him to ask you this tonight. It was a lot different than what you had been concocting in your head, but you couldn't have asked for a more perfect moment. Your momentary silence seems to put Kylo into a panic.

"I-I know I don't have a ring now. I didn't have a chance yet. But we can buy whichever one you want, it doesn't matter. I'll have a ring brought up and-"

"Kylo," you laugh, cutting him off by setting down your drink and grabbing the sides of his face. Tears were already welling in your eyes. "Of course I'll be yours. You should know I don't care about the ring. I just want you."

Kylo's lips quiver for a moment. You could see the emotion burning in his eyes. The way he looked at you could have lit up a thousand galaxies. "I love you. More than anything."

"I love you too." You brush your thumb across his lips. "My Supreme Leader."

As another round of fireworks and cheers explode from the streets below, Kylo grabs your face and presses his lips against yours. The kiss was both passionate and loving, with your lips moving in perfect harmony. Two puzzle pieces that were meant to fit together. Neither of you knew that he had kissed you straight into the new year.

"My beautiful empress," Kylo murmurs against your lips. "What would I do without you?"